Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 11 Blu Ray & Media Center
DiAngelo66 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 16, 2011 21:13 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Cyberlink,

I am considering upgrading to PowerDVD 11, but does the new verision resolve the issue that PowerDVD 10 has with playing Blu Ray discs in Windows Media Center? If IE 9 is installed, it crashes Media Center and won't play.

Also, does PowerDVD 11 integrate into Media Suite 9?

Thanks,

Angel

Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Cyberlink,

I am considering upgrading to PowerDVD 11, but does the new verision resolve the issue that PowerDVD 10 has with playing Blu Ray discs in Windows Media Center? If IE 9 is installed, it crashes Media Center and won't play.

Also, does PowerDVD 11 integrate into Media Suite 9?

Thanks,

Angel

I don't use WMC for Blu-Ray playback, but I did check to see if it would work on my system setup to confirm your question and found that PDVD11 did not work when attempting to playback a blu-ray disc through WMC.I am not sure about Media Suite 9 integration.

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
DiAngelo66 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Kevin,

Thanks for checking this and confirming that the bug hasn't been fixed. I guess I will wait to upgrade.

Angel
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
the issue regarding IE9 has been fixed - but unfortunately we see issue on some platforms that the Plugin can not close correctly after leaving MCE.

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
DiAngelo66 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Michael,

Is there a patch to download?

Thanks,

Angel
AndreGB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 13, 2011 21:18 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
DiAngelo, I just bought PowerDVD 11 and I can confirm it works with Windows Media Center on my Vista 32-bits HTPC box with IE9 installed.

However, the Play, Stop, Fast Foward, Next Chapter, etc functions of my Media Center Remote are not working but they used to work with PowerDVD 10. Could you guys please confirm that? The other functions, such as the arrows to select items on a menu, are working fine. Only the playback control functions aren't. Thank you!
Manoroid [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 10, 2010 23:07 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: DiAngelo, I just bought PowerDVD 11 and I can confirm it works with Windows Media Center on my Vista 32-bits HTPC box with IE9 installed.

However, the Play, Stop, Fast Foward, Next Chapter, etc functions of my Media Center Remote are not working but they used to work with PowerDVD 10. Could you guys please confirm that? The other functions, such as the arrows to select items on a menu, are working fine. Only the playback control functions aren't. Thank you!

Yes AndreGB i am having the exact same problem with my new upgrade. ONly buttons that work for me are the volume up and down , back , and info. Nothing else. I hope there is a fix for this. If anything im using the free app for my iphone hoping they add some other features to it then it will be complete.
AndreGB [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you very much for sharing, Manoroid!

The PowerDVD iPhone remote is absolutely GREAT indeed! The only thing I have with it is that I have to unlock my phone everytime I want to do something. That's not even Cyberlink's fault, but it is truly awkward to unlock the phone everytime I wish to just pause.

In any case, it would also be nice if Cyberlink solved the Media Center remote issue for those who don't have iPhones and iPods.
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi AndreGB,

please let me know your Remote Model - is it RC6 compatible?

Br
michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
ROSS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 26, 2011 08:48 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem with my media center and its response to skip farst forward etc from an external remote.

I also find that it does not shut down properly when used within media center
JMGNYC32 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 09, 2009 18:21 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
I also have the same problem with the standard Windows Media Center remote when using PDVD11 (Trial Version) through Windows Media Center (64-bit Home Premium). It definitely worked in all previous version of PDVD back to 8. I won't be upgrading until this is fixed for sure.

AndreGB [Avatar]
[Post New]
Michael, my remote is a Philips SRM 5100.
http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=SRM5100/10&scy=ar&slg=en

I'm not really sure what you meant by RC6, I couldn't find anything on its manual (available as a PDF on the website above). Just to make it clear, it is not that PowerDVD 11 broke my remote on WMC. The remote's functions on WMC are working as intended. It is only within PowerDVD11 that the playback control functions don't work.

Thank you very much!!!
[Post New]
Hi,
thanks for the info.

so you are using MCE and I guess also the PDVD 11 MCE plugin, right?

Please help to list down which functions do not work so I can escalate the reported issues

thanks

Werde Facebook Fan
MikeC10 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Apr 27, 2011 10:22 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I bought PowerDVD11 Ultra yesterday and have this exact problem too. Pause, Play, Stop, FF, Reverse, Chapter Skip buttons do not work, (however the menu navigation and volume controls are OK).

I am using a Media Centre Remote - RC6 I think, (one of the newer ones) which was fine on previous versions. Strangely this only seems to happen in Cinema mode - the controls all seem to work in Classic mode.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Mike
MikeC10 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Oh, and perhaps I should also add that the same Media Controls on my wireless keyboard do not work either - same symptoms.
tvplooks4answers [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 07, 2011 14:50 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having issues with my wireless keyboard controls (Stop, Pause, Play buttons), as well. However, this only happens when the PowerDVD is in Cinema mode. If you set it to Classic mode, my keyboard controls work well.

Please be aware that the Space bar does work to Pause/Play movies. However, the Play/Pause button doesn't.
[Post New]
Hello,
can both of you please provide more info:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16915.page

I can also reproduce the issue on my systems here with MCE remote.

please also list down which MCE plug-ins and RC SW you have installed

BR
Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 27. 2011 11:35

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
MikeC10 [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK, the remote control is provided by Hauppauge, (it came with their HVR-4400 TV Tuner card). It is one of the newer ones - see here: http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/products/data_mcremote.html. However, as the keyboard media controls don't work either I don't think it is a Remote Control specific problem.

The only MCE Plug-in I have installed is a Media Centre Kit provided by Hauppauge which provides additional functionality from the remote control, (downloaded from here: http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/support_hvr1600.html). Other than that I only use Media Centre, Hauppauge WinTV 7 and PowerDVD 11 for TV/DVD playback.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. One thing I have just discovered is when running PowerDVD in a window and trying the remote control it opens Windows Media Player - but again only when in Cinema mode.

tvplooks4answers [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 07, 2011 14:50 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
The keyboard is a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 1000.
It's running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

All the media specific keys work on PowerDVD 11 Classic Mode. However, if I switch to Cinema Mode, these keys are ignored.
[Post New]
Hi,

thx - yes I have reproduced the issue and it is assigned to be fixed

Br

Werde Facebook Fan