Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What Are The Best Seeting When Producing And Creating A Disc
ultrasp97 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 04, 2010 23:08 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
I am new to PowerDirector 9 and was wondering... after I assemble a video in the EDIT mode what are the best settings in the Produce and Create Disc steps.

I do have a Blue Ray burner so when I want to make a Blue Ray disc do I use MPEG-4, MOV, AVC or something else. I am assuming when I go to Creating a disc I should use the Blue Ray Disc botton or maybe the AVCHD?

How about when I want to burn a disc for people that do NOT have a Blue Ray player, what settings do I use? To produce do I use MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MOV, etc.... And when I go to create the disc I am assuming I would pick the DVD VIDEO option or should it be the AVCHD

Thank you in advance for the help.

Steve
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
For Blu-Ray, look under H.264 AVC. Use the option that most closely matches you source video. I use AVCHD 1080. I think it is 17mbps and that is as good as my camera produces. If you have one of those rare cameras that shoots in MPEG 2, you can use that profile. I believe there is one marked BD.

For standard DVD use MPEG 2 HQ. Then use DVD option in create disc. AVCHD disc is an HD disc on standard DVD that will only be playable in Blu-Ray players. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
ultrasp97 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 04, 2010 23:08 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for the response... I am using video that was taken from a Canon T1i Digital Camera. When I upload the files to my computer the format is showing that the file type is QuickTime Movie (.MOV) with the following properties:

Frame Width: 1280
Frame Height: 720
Frame rate: 30 frames/second
Data Rate: 28294 kbps

With that said, any thoughts on what option I should use when I go to produce my movie.

Thanks, Steve

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Open the video with media info or Gspot and see if it tells you whether it's MPEG 2 or AVCHD/H.264. 720p is available for either one, and either one will work, but if it is MPEG 2 you will get better quality with that, but if it is AVCHD then converting to MPEG 2 will not gain you anything. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM