Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
pdp9 32bit magic motion templates missing
mg21082 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 04, 2011 06:11 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
hi,
i have pdp9 installed on win 7 32 bit, and also on a win 7 64bit - same version. both patched with latest (mar-2011) update.
on the win 7 32 bit when i open magic motion the templates are missing, while on the 64bit os, they exist and work.
how can it be fixed. i do not want to start reinstalling. is there a known fix (registry for example of file miising in a directory?).

i have notice that several people also mentioned this issue.

please advise.

regards,

mg21082
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Did you install the content pak on the 32 bit machine? __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
mg21082 [Avatar]
[Post New]
no, i did not installed the content pack.
i have downloaded the trail and after 2 weeks i have purchase the licence on line.
againg, the same version & patch is installed (w/o any content pack) on win 7 32 and 64, and on the 64 bit the magic motion templates exist and on the 7 32 bit they do not appear.

mg21082
mg21082 [Avatar]
[Post New]
here is a test i have done.
on the win 7 64 bit (where the magic motion templates appears) i have constructed a new project with 3 images.
then i modified this 3 images with magic motion, and every thing works fine.
then i saved the project and copy it to the win 7 32 bit (where the magic motion templates do not appear)
and loaded the project their. run the priject and it works with the magic motion. then i tried to open the magic motion tab and still the templates do not appear.
it seems that something is preventing from display of the tempalates.

any idea how to fix (w/o reintalling)?

mg21082
mg21082 [Avatar]
[Post New]
problem solved!!!

steps:

1. uninstall pd9+smart sound via add-remove
2. stop service cyberlink rich....
3. delete folder c:\prog...\cyber...\powerdirector+ folder shared files
4. run tuneup utilities 2011 (15 days full trial), and fix all problem related to reg, broken etc + defrag reg
5. reboot
6. re-install - >pd9 works with magic motions templates.

mg
mg21082 [Avatar]
[Post New]
i dont belive it!
after 1 week, the problem returned - no magic motion templates.
i think it had to do with installing k-lite codec, but i have uninstalled it (k-lite) and problem persist !.

is it a registry problem with the pd9?

what can be done?

mg21082
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]

There are two downloadable program files. A main file and content pak which is larger than the main program file. PD9 Ultra will install 64 bit on a 64 bit machine and 32 bit on a 32 bit machine (like my 32 bit)

The trial is not upgradeable to anything, it must be uninstalled and discarded.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 25. 2011 11:15

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Pax 123 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Miami, Florida Joined: Feb 25, 2010 06:35 Messages: 282 Offline
[Post New]
This may seem too plebeian, but, when one applies magic motion and saves the result, then reloads the resultant image, it is treated as an integrated part of the video and the magic motion option does not appear unless a non-video image is activated. In other words, if the image is in a timeline that starts with a video clip, the magic motion option does not appear.

Is it the magic motion option that you cannot find or the magic motion templates that do not load?

Just curious.

Pax

Edit: I am sorry, this thing is very poorly worded. The point is that a static image clip must be active in the timeline.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 25. 2011 17:31

Laptop PC, ASUS
Core i7 Q 720
Win 7, 64-bit
RAM 8GB DDR2
Graphics, NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M 1GB DDR5
Dhirendra [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2007 04:46 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
mg21082 ,

I am facing same problem on my windows 7 32 bit PC. Is magic motion working for you ? Whats the solution ? Please help me.
Dhirendra [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2007 04:46 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I reinstalled windows with 64 bit version. Now everything is alright. Support team tried to help me but could not give me fix for 7-8 days. I think something is wrong with 32 bit version of Windows 7.