Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I save video clips?
tadams61 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 27, 2011 18:09 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I've edited my first video clip, taking out all the garbage and I now want to save it over the original clip or else with a new name. I've been unable to find the option that will let me do this. All I've found is being able to save it in a project which I've also done, but I want to save the actual video clip.
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
tadams61,

Welcome to the forum.

Power Director does not actually change your source files.

If you want to save a copy of the clip you edited, you will have to go into the Produce module and produce the file. Choose a profile that matches your source clip. You will have to give it a new name because the original file is in use.

If you need more assistance, just ask.

Hal

OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
tadams61 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 27, 2011 18:09 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Hal,
I should have thought of that "solution" myself. It worked great! I'm so used to "saving" stuff I figured it had to be there somewhere.

Thanks again, Tom
jkhsc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 28, 2011 16:42 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
This is great, but it would be even better if PD9 would keep some sort of media archive, that would store clips preprocessed in various ways.

I could then split my original media, remove video noise, adjust color and light in various ways, and store these processed clips for future use in all my forthcoming projects.

I could do this by producing new files, but that would waste storage space. Keeping the adjustments virtual would be better.