Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burning & Rendering
stevo-downunder [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2007 00:38 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Director 9 Ultra is very slow. 2hrs to render 3gb. Another prog does it in half the time. My card is Cuda ready. Do I have to activate it in Director. If so what do I do Iam a newby at this javascript:emoticon('');

Using Windows 7
Graphics Card Nividia GeForce GTX 275
Processor Intel (R) Core (TM) 2 Quad CPU - Q 6600 @ 2.4 Ghz 2.4 Ghz
Ram 4Gb
System Type 32-bit operating System
 Filename
StevoDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
41 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
321 time(s)
[Thumb - Stevoscreencopy.jpg]
 Filename
Stevoscreencopy.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
89 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
136 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 25. 2011 22:45

Alan 123
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Stevo,
You haven't given sufficient information about the content you're rendering.
Please see the guide information below and provide a diagnostic file, screenshot and full information of the media data you have and what actions you're selecting.
I can tell you that you're operating a similar set up to what I have but I use 64bit and have more ram. I can use my CPU's to max with 64bit while yours will struggle to match the speed I can attain.
Thanks
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 25. 2011 06:19

stevo-downunder [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd,
I have put the info in my original question for your perusal Alan 123
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi stevo,
I'm not seeing a lot so far. I need to see what you're doing in the Edit Workspace, a screenshot, please. The selections you make there have a direct consequence on the length of time to render a file. I would also like to have a sample of your 3gp file - 5 to 10 seconds unedited and state clearly the source of the video please.
Thanks
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 28. 2011 06:01

stevo-downunder [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi Dafydd,
Attached is the data as you requested.
The video was captered from an old VHS tape via a Canopus ADVC capture device set to analogue (composite ) mode.
It was captured as an AVI File using Corel VideoStudio X3.
Stevo
[Thumb - Stevo edit Screenshot.jpg]
 Filename
Stevo edit Screenshot.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Edit Scrreenshot
 Filesize
234 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
123 time(s)
 Filename
15 sec unedited.pds
[Disk]
 Description
unedited 15 secs
 Filesize
72 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
351 time(s)
Alan 123
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
The pds file you supplied is of no use, what is needing is the video file captured from the camera (the actual vieo not the PowerDirector pds file. The pds file is just a Powerdirector file that links to the actual video it does not include the video.
JIm Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,
James is correct but I think we can now skip the sample after a quick look over the edit Workspace.

You've got a MS/Canopus codec's avi in your tracks and you're rendering it to an mpeg format. Ok, that would take you some time to do in any case - render every individual frame to compress it to an mpeg file. You have also added additional work to the project by adding a Fix/Enhance task - an each frame etc correction. If you've applied more than one of these Enhance corrections you'll increase the task and time to render even more.

1. Split your project up into workable section and apply enhancements only where absolutely necessary.
2. process those sections to mpeg which don't need changes.
3. Finally bring all the smaller rendered mpegs back into PD to create your final project and output to one mpeg file.

The method described will ultimately use SVRT to retain the maximum quality of your project in the final production.

Every additional change you've made to the track content increases the time it'll take to render.

Thanks
Dafydd