Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Scene Overlapping in PD9 ?
[Post New]
Hey there,

So I'm at a point on a current project where I would like to merge 2 separate scenes together to have a sort-of "fade effect." What I mean by this is let's say on the timeline I have 1 scene in place for lets say 10 seconds. But to really enhance the purpose of this clip within the context of the video, I want another scene to play at the same time as this 1st scene. And with a logical effort, this additional video clip to be overlaid would be "faded" so that both video clips can be seen simultaneously.

I'm loving PD9 the more I use it; I'm glad to be able to ask questions that will delve me deeper into the auspices of the program's awesomeness.

Thanks in advance.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Place the videos clips on two different tracks. Then set the opacity of the higher numbered track to less than 100%. You can do that by clicking on the track to highlight it. Then click the modify button. If you don't need the whole clip to fade, then you will have to set key frames at the point where you want it to fade to. I hope that made since. It's getting late. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
You could also click modify and choose fade out on one track and fade in on the other.

Then with the clip you want to fade into on a different track but overlapped to the end of the track you want to fade out of you can modify the amount of fade in and out using the lines and dots (similar to the ones on the audio section) that now appear at the top of the clips on the timeline until you get the effect you want.

The same as Photoshop there are many ways to do the same thing.

Cheers

Robert2 S My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn