Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Shimer after burning
Calvin46 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2008 22:54 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
My partner has recently purchased a Panasonic SD700 and I upgraded to PD9 so as to edit his HD video and burn to disc. There is no problem transfering the HD video to my computer via the program supplied by Panasonic and hence to PD9.
With reasonable care I'm able to edit and produce but the problem comes when finally burning to a disc so result may be shared or saved.
The finished product has to be burnt as MPEG2 as few people have HighDef players, let alone recorders, and the resulting film has a shimmering effect on vertical and horizantal objects, at times all over.
Origional film is recorded HG1920, not the full high def.
I've attached a pdf of my computer details.
Samples of a 35second film are 67 and 41 meg respectively which is prob too large to send here unless speciclly requested.
Hopefully somebody can help us out here.
Thanks
 Filename
Operating System.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
58 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
340 time(s)
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Calvin,

We'll need a lot more detail. Please provide the system basics for us to be able to help. See the first page of this forum, item 4 from the top. Your DXdiag is a must at this point and deatil on what it is that you are trying to do. Win 10, i7
Calvin46 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2008 22:54 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
As a follow up I have attached DXDiag/64, [32 bit versdion also available]. Also a short segment of a test shot saved HD and same shot when saved as mpg.
Im not talking about ther shimmer showing when viewed in PD9 but the finished item viewed in a media player or burnt to disc for use elsewhere.
Film from other camcorder edited in PD9 and saved/burnt as mpg has no problems. Only the the film shot with this HD camcorder.
Burning the edited result without converting to MPG is not an option as the discs are usually forwarded to people without a blueray player, as we are.
All I want to do is edit his film and burn it to discs for others to enjoy without the resulting shimmer.
Thanks
 Filename
PD Test.m2ts
[Disk]
 Description
Sample film saved as HD quality
 Filesize
24039 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
183 time(s)
 Filename
PD Test.mpg
[Disk]
 Description
Sample film saved as mpg
 Filesize
12062 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
211 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag64.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DirectX Diag - 64bit version
 Filesize
41 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
492 time(s)
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Your PC is more than adequate to handle the video in question.

I looked at your two videos. The AVCHD is of course much more refined because of it's higher resolution (horizontal and vertical). Because of the high degree of SHAKING with the camera the "shimmering" you are seeing in the mpeg is actually the coarseness of the lower resolution mpeg video interacting with the shaking image in the clip resulting in RAGGED edges in the mpeg footage. The shaking is so bad that applying the FULL amount of correction cannot remove the ragged edges in the mpeg clip.

As a test I applied FULL stabilization to your AVCHD clip and 50% stabilization to the mpeg clip. The result is attached (not the greatest). Stabilization unfortunately crops the video in order to be able to correct for the unwanted motion. You can experiment for yourself but ultimatelly you need to stabilize the camera much better.
 Filename
PD Test - AVC to mpeg + stabilized + enhance.mpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
11034 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
216 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 17. 2011 17:21

Win 10, i7
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Calvin

I'll throw my 2 cents in.

I had a similar problem when using HD Sony files here's what I did:

1. Produced the project first as an MPEG2 HD

2. Returned this produced file back to the timeline.

3. Burnt the DVD at a SLOWER speed (I think mine was burning it a x22 and I slowed it down to x4).

Good luck Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

AllenChicago [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Chicago (USA) Joined: Jan 28, 2010 22:06 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
I can confirm what CubbyHouseFilms says about burning at the slowest speed available. Doing so makes my MPEG-2 DVD footage look "crisper" when played back on a DVD Player.

People on professional video editing forums say that burn speed doesn't matter much, but with PD9 it's now obvious to me that slower is better. In fact, after I installed Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 two weeks ago, any burn speed above the slowest causes my PD9 burns to fail with error EB130581. Very strange.

-Allen
All vodi
[Post New]
Not so in my experience. I use ImgBurn which writes at MAX speed in all cases. After writing you have the option of VERIFYING the burn and I've yet to see any flaws in burning at MAX.

Calvin46's issue has nothing to do with burning. The SD rendering is poor because the source clip is too shaky to begin with. Win 10, i7