Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Crash issue - please help
Hammerhance [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 09, 2011 06:22 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
My entire project was made up of different .mov file and it worked fine for the 4 weeks it took to make it, it was a problem that only recently began to occur. The video files come from multiple different mobile devices and not one specific source i.e. i-phone or nokias. The movie I have created is a collage of videos and photos from camera phones.

Anyway, I've attached one of my problem .mov files which PD crashes whenever it tries to load.

Incidentlly, the file loads in all other viewing programs i.e. VLC, Quicktime, Media player etc.
 Filename
Fans 3.MOV
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
4295 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
408 time(s)
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Well I downloaded your Fans 3 movie and indeed it is the problem. PD does not like it at all. I even converted the file to .ts format using VLC and even though PD then loaded it into the timeline, it did not look right.

Maybe someone else knows of a better way to convert the video but I would say save yourself the hassle and use a different clip.
My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Hammerhance [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 09, 2011 06:22 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I thought as much - it only started to happen since I updated to the most recent version of PD.

and if you're wondering - the clip is of some Ghanaian fans on the way to a match in South Africa last year.
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
JohnVIII , you will get better help if you start a new topic by going here.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/show/67.page

Also if you want the ability to attach a file use the "Post Reply" button not the "quick reply" box. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I agree with Robert - the problem is the mov file.

I couldn't load into PD9 - hung at 60% and I needed to use Task Manager to shut down PD9.

Dafydd

JohnVIII [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2011 19:44 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, Robert, especially for the link. I could swear I was there (I went "everywhere") and there was no new message button. The only thing I could find was "reply."

In fact, right now, without your link I still can't get to "post new message." If I back up to "forum index" from this page (crash issue thread) there is no new message button. But when I go there (forum index!) from your link, there it is.

I think I've tried every link and button on this site - obviously I'm blind. Can't even see my message now, guess it was taken down as misplaced. Wish I'd kept a copy.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
If it helps - see the images attached.

Post as a NEW Topic under a new heading.

Please see the links below- guides etc.
Dafydd
[Thumb - sduk2010-pd393.png]
 Filename
sduk2010-pd393.png
[Disk]
 Description
par2
 Filesize
51 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
145 time(s)