Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Customer support lacking
Tim1977 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2011 22:08 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Anyone else having trouble with customer support?

I bought this software a fortnight ago and still can't install it. I get generic emails from support which seem to be out of date. They direct me to sign in and then simply click the 'download' button, but there is no download button anywhere.

These generic emails appear to be out of step with content updates they've made to their website, during which they presumably removed or relocated the content the support emails refer to.

Poor show. Very disappointed.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Have you not been able to download, or is the problem in the installation? __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Tim1977 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2011 22:08 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Can't install because can't download.

Apparently my download quota of 5 downloads was exceeded (even though I only downloaded it once - which raises concerns about how secure the download actually is). Customer support emailed me back to say they'd reset my downloads, but when I log in I'm not presented with any of the options they say I should be. Either they've just consistently forgotten to reset my downloads after repeatedly saying they've done this, or my download quota is being rinsed each time they reset it by someone or something else before I log back in.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tim,
You need to re-contact CyberLink. Explain clearly your difficulty and the inability to complete the download. They will/can provide you with alternative links. You will have to provide proof of purchase, in the form of an order number and your contact details. State clearly the problem... keep to the facts and not over elaborate.

This issue has been mentioned previously on the forum.

Thanks

Dafydd