Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
pip audio pd6
Trevor [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 01, 2007 20:44 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi guys,

The audio goes out of sync when using chroma key in the pip track. If I don't use the chroma key the audio is perfect. I just spent $200 on a green screen and lighting and I'm not too impressed. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem without spliting the audio and putting it into sync manually would be greatly appreciated.
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same problem in PD6. We need a patch RIGHT NOW!
The only thing is, I thought it was only when I add sound to one of the audio tracks. Either way, it is definately the program itself. I may put PD5 on my other computer for now, what a waste. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I've emailed CyberLink (RD dept) about both your concerns and findings.

Dafydd

MikiMouse [Avatar]
Newbie Location: St. Louis Joined: Jul 13, 2006 23:01 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Trevor,

What kind of files or image you put on the PiP track? What kind of files or images you put on the Master video track? How long is the total PiP video duration? I am trying to reproduce the problem on my desktop. Thanks.
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
I performed an uninstall,with reg-edit. Went to PD5, then remembered there was no audio in pip v5.! Went back to PD6, issue seems to have vanished ( he says hopefully). I tried files that were out of sync, now seem fine. I cannot replicate the problem, but if it occurs again, I will update everyone.
As for blaming the software, well, er, my bad...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 01. 2007 08:52

Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
Trevor [Avatar]
[Post New]
The master video is mpeg 2 and the pip track is mpeg 2. The duration of the pip is about 10 secs. Just for fun I tried saving just the pip video in wmv format and reintroducing it and that worked. I guess from now on if I have a pip track with audio I'll have to convert it to wmv first.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Trevor,

You need to provide some more information and you certainly shouldn't need to convert a file to a wmv to include it into PiP.

CyberLink are trying to replicate your problem.

PM me the following data and include your email address (which will be passed on to CL).

More info such as clip duration?
Video format? (mention it again in the PM)
Unsync in Preview or Produced file?

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Trevor [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the PM Trevor. Thanks for trying to replicate the problem.

Dafydd