Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't delete MP4 projects
harpo1000 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 14, 2011 23:24 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Noticed something weird. When I produce a project in the Mpeg 4 format, I'm not able to delete it from my hard drive. It always says "Access denied: Make sure the file is not write protected and that the file is not currently in use".

I even went so far as to delete quicktime from my computer thinking QT may be attached to it somehow. I'm guessing PD9 keeps it from being deleted somehow. I burned an AVI copy and those can be deleted no problem. Anything I'm missing?
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Are you able to delete after a computer restart? __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
harpo1000 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 14, 2011 23:24 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
No Jaime. I had to use a tool I found on the internet to delete one of the files. (Can't recall the name of it...but it deleted the file and shut down my computer...kinda scary)

I like making the projects in M4 due to ease of use on things like YouTube, but being stuck with them on my hard drive isn't a desirable side effect.
Rocket-Scientist
Senior Member Location: HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA Joined: Apr 23, 2010 10:14 Messages: 288 Offline
[Post New]
did you preview any of these files with WMP?

I once had "undeletable" media files because WMP had them on a playlist and keep them "hot" so i could play them quickly. Unfortunately, i forget how i solved it, i think I deleted WMP or just stopped it in services, then it released the files. RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
(2 NVME 2TB, 1 SSD 2TB, 3SATA 18TB )
PD18 ULTIMATE 64bit
WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BIT
GIGABYTE X570 AORUS PRO WIFI MB
RYZEN 7 3700X 8-CORE , 64 GB DDR4
ORSAIR HX1050 watts PSU
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Have a look at this freeware :

http://www.filehippo.com/download_unlocker/

It's worked for me in the past.

Cheers
Adrian
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.