Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Need help with customer support wrt powerdvd10
cycleops [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 03, 2011 07:31 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having exactly the sames problems with customer support as detailed in this thread:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15751.page
At the end of the thread, Cyberlink-Michael instructs that similar problems should be posted to a new thread -- so here goes:

Thanks in advance for any help offered here.

Following a trial version, I bought the full version of PowerDVD10 but it wouldn't install. Following advice from cust support, I removed it, cleaned (with their tool), then downloaded a new copy from their ftp site. The new version install but will not accept the key. I've run the requested diagnostics and attached the usual requested screen shots. Replies are slow to come and are ineffective. Eventually, they said it was a bug and I'd have to wait for a fix, but they don't answer the question about how long it will take.

I threatened to request money back, so they gave me instructions to do so and closed my tiks. Having my bluff called, I contacted them again. They gave me the same treatment of uninstalling, cleaning, ftping. Same result, key not accepted. I've asked if they've tried to replicate the problem under windows 7 -- no answer.

The ticket history is a little difficult to follow because their system does not always offer the opportunity to "reply". I think you can only reply once they have replied to your question. So if they don't reply, you have to open a new tik asking when they will reply. Here is my tik history. The date at the end is their reply date. the date at the beginning is the date I submitted the tik. As you can see, I've been trying to get this working since June 2010. That tik of June is the only one that should be closed. Granted, I was inactive for quite a period, but they seem to have been ignoring me for a month now. I get the feeling that they really don't care and, if you keep poking at them, they just regurgitate the same solutions that have already been tried and have failed.

2011/02/17, Open, still waiting CS000983079, -
2011/02/08, Open, answers to your questions CS000972808, -

2011/02/03, Closed, how long for bug fix CS000969744, 2011/02/08
2010/12/31, Closed, product does not work CS000959361, 2011/01/03
2010/12/21, Closed, still can't install CS000954051, 2010/12/24
2010/12/17, Closed, When are you going to reply? CS000952072, 2010/12/24
2010/12/11, Closed, lost product definition file CS000947893, 2010/12/31
2010/06/01, Closed, PowerDVD Error 0012 CS000870416, 2010/06/03

Any help you can provide is gratefully received.
L B [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2011 18:41 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Good Luck with support. This is the lamest company for support I have seen. Just lead you around in circles and never give you an appropriate answer to a direct question. I had a crash, have the extended download service, but can't get an answer to where to get the full retail version. STUPID! STUPID!
L B [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2011 18:41 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Still no help, huh?
cycleops [Avatar]
[Post New]
"Still no help, huh?"
Worse -- in my last ticket, I complained that they keep sending me the same boilerplate solution does not work. I asked if they'd tried the solution themselves under window7, and if they could issue me a different software+key. They just replied. What do you think they replied with? That's right! They gave me the exact same boilerplate solution again! I replied with a rant which I kinda regret now, but its sooo frustrating. They obviously have no real tech support there.

I've given up on them and am currently using the trial version of ArcSoft total Media 5 (http://www.arcsoft.com/estore/software_title.asp?ProductCode=TMT5P). So far, everything works fine.
BRANDON [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 01, 2011 19:32 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
TRY THIS

a) Uninstall PowerDVD 10 form Add/Remove programs
b) Call out Task Manager (Press Esc+Shift+Ctrl)
c) In Process tab, end process PDVD10Serv (if any)
d) Delete PowerDVD10 folder, Default Path C:\Preogram files\CyberLink\PowerDVD10

then install again this worked for me
BRANDON [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 01, 2011 19:32 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
task manager for me is CTRL+ALT+DELETE
cycleops [Avatar]
[Post New]
You're lucky that works for you, Brandon. That is pretty much Cyberlink's standard advice. I've tried it many times but it does not work for me. Thanks anyway.