Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
cannot capture hd
JohnVIII [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2011 19:44 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Getting "You cannot use the capture function because the i link mode on the hdv machine is not identical to the recorded format on the tape. Please check the tape status or make sure the contents of the tape is hdv format and then reconnect the ilink again." Sony HDR-HC5 connected via firewire to Powerdirector on new Win 7 Pro 64bit. The recorded format is HD. My computer recognizes the camera and powerdirector can control it over the firewire; I can even capture from the camera mode, but not from tape in the play mode.

Googled, see this exact problem a lot and only "solution" seems to be update firewire card driver. Found thread here with same solution, but that was HP computer and solution was link to HP driver. My firewire port in on motherboard, ASUS P7P55-M.

Computer is brand new and was built to do hd to blu-ray, came with Cyberlink powerdirector. Hard to believe deficient driver. Googled "p7p55-m driver" and got "we found driver for your p7p55-m" from third party driver update software folks but don't trust "we found driver." I have been to ASUS and find a bewildering array of drivers for the motherboard, none specific to firewire, and hesitate to mess with the motherboard. See no way to contact ASUS.

I have run programs to update drivers, been to Microsoft and to Sony for any updates, downloaded and installed all possible suspects, even upgraded from powerdirector from 7 to 9, all with little hope and no result. Ideas? I'm no tech whiz and am new to editing, so I'm hoping for suggestions/solutions that don't make my eyes glaze over. (for reference, they glazed over reading the readme file here - no clue how to provide a screenshoot (NA here) or Direct X diagnostics, and what's avatar?) Thanks -

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
What is the actual model of your firewire motherboard?
EDIT!
...not motherboard, wrong term, just the manufacturer, I bet it's not ASUS.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 21. 2011 07:53

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
From your Start menu, in the Run box, type dxdiag and press enter. There is a button that sayd something like Save All Information. Click on it and attach here to a reply. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
JohnVIII [Avatar]
[Post New]
Diagnostics - I'm very unsure I did this right - did the save, to desktop, found it, opened it, copied it, and it doesn't seem that's what I should be providing - a real hog, but here it is (I see nothing about the firewire input or motherboard mfg., but I can see that "ASUS" is written - stamped in big white letters - on the motherboard):
------------------
System Information

OK, I had it all copied here and it would not send. Went to "saving" and stayed there. So I deleted it and am seeing if I can submit this - how should I have sent the system info? Don't see an attach option here
JohnVIII [Avatar]
[Post New]
Was trying to copy my message from "quick reply" screen to past it here and it sent from there. Here's the diagnostics, I hope.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
diagnostics
 Filesize
32 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
343 time(s)
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
JohnVIII,

Message deleted as you have already done what it said.

Hal

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 21. 2011 14:20

OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi John,
This doesn't appear to be PowerDirector issue.

You need to go back to your PC supplier and either dump that motherboard/get it replaced and or get assistance from them.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 21. 2011 14:23

JohnVIII [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd -

Right, it does look that way right now - the builder's mother died yesterday evening so I'll hold off on that approach for a few days and try anything else.

Thanks- this forum's been very responsive.