Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Whats the best format to upload HD to Youtube?
waterbound1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 13, 2011 10:45 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I just ran some test clips to Youtube to check quality. The were rendered in H.264 as high as 24k and none showed up in HD once processed. I uploaded manually because the PD9 auto was degrading the picture. What should I be using?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16033.page
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Trevor George
Member Location: Bristol, UK. Joined: May 29, 2010 17:44 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
The videos don't immediately show up as High-definition when uploaded to YouTube. You may be able to see 240, 360 or 480 versions, buy you have to wait a while before YouTube processes the Hi-def versions.

Even when they have been processed they don't show automatically as Hi-Def, as many YouTube viewers are on slow modems (or dial-up), so the videos generally start at 480 (unless smaller-sized).

You have to select the quality, by clicking on the number which shows up immediately below the bottom-right of the video, and then you can change it to 720 or 1080, if the option is available, and finally click to full-screen Trevor . . My YouTube site . . (Bristol, UK) . . My JVC GZ-HM1 Camcorder
waterbound1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
When I upload through PD9 it shows 320, but you can select 1080p from the dropdown ( or up in Youtube's case) menu. However when I manually upload, it's 480 with no other options. I may try Viemo and see what happens. Thanks
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
You do know if you upload a HD 1080 video to youtube it can sometimes take many hours for youtube to finally render the video so it shows the 1080 view option in their player. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
waterbound1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
No, I did not. I'll try again. Thanks