Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Simple Strategies to Increase Viewercount on Youtube ?
[Post New]
Greetings,

A few days ago I posted a video I developed via powerdirector 9 onto youtube. In doing this, I included several tags to correlate to my video on a traditional youtube search. Moreover, I used a song from a well known band, and so the title of my video, which appears to people on the youtube results page, is the title of the song from that band. Is this a wise strategy ? I included tags of the band's name, as well as tags that relate to the topic of the video.

So, I have barely received any views over the past few days, which I am aware is quite common for starting up a video on the site. I read some info on sites about how to effectively promote your video to others. But, I am wondering if there is a tactic I can utilize that doesn't take an excessive degree of work (although that is probably the best methodology, for anything). I have posted a video response on the official music video of that song, which has about 220,000 views. Before this, I tried posting it to a video of the band that had 15 million views, and only 1 other video response. But, after choosing to post my vid as a vid response, my video did not show up on that page.

If any of you can provide some advice as to how I might receive more views that you have found works quite well, I would really appreciate it. Lastly, I've read that longer videos get less viewcounts; my video is 4.5 minutes, but there is nothing I can do about that since I've finished my video and trimming it would render the project useless.

Anyhow, thanks in advance.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Well, this is not really related to PD, but the best way to get more views is to post videos that people want to watch. You might post links on related web sites, if they allow it. If the video does not follow YouTube guidelines, putting the song name in the title may get it deleted faster. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Trevor George
Member Location: Bristol, UK. Joined: May 29, 2010 17:44 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
- If you had posted the link to your video in your message here, you would have had a considerable viewer-number increase on your video, just through people reading these forums watching it, and people could have commented more easily by looking at your titling content, and your "tags" Trevor . . My YouTube site . . (Bristol, UK) . . My JVC GZ-HM1 Camcorder
Videocentricity
Contributor Location: Long Beach,CA Joined: May 21, 2007 05:37 Messages: 394 Offline
[Post New]
Ask yourself, Am I wanting sheer volume of visits to my video ( for nefarious purposes or whatever) or am I genuinely just happy to see my video published so I can email to friends or perhaps include a link on my blog or social networking site or this forum.

If its the former, add a one second clip of any female friends in bikinis waving goodbye at the end of the video.
Include keywords bikini, girls, saucy, waiting-for-U and any other salacious phrases/words guaranteed to be searched by teenagers on YT. - It works.

By the way, searching just this forum site for "sex, sexy bikini" produced over 63,000 articles so good luck on yours being top listing on any forum.

So, What was your question again ?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 17. 2011 07:16

If you can't solve the problem - Change the problem
[Post New]
Thank You for that advice...I will use it to my advantage for this.

Anyhow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkMzjmxbjN4
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Interesting. I gave you a view. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Videocentricity
Contributor Location: Long Beach,CA Joined: May 21, 2007 05:37 Messages: 394 Offline
[Post New]
Where's the skanky teenager in a bikini ? She needs to be doing the "Bundy bounce" and introduce a TV screen at the beginning/end - Plus the salacious tags - Please

But the compilation was OK - Shoulda sent it to FOX NEWS, they would show it, while tut-tutting as it opens. If you can't solve the problem - Change the problem
[Post New]
One particular thing I would like to alter is my video's thumbnail. For my video, there are 4 default thumbnails I can choose from, but none of them are optimal for grabbing enough attention in my opinion. Is there a way I could go about adding more thumbnail snapshots from my video, without pulling my video off of youtube ? Like a 3rd party app or something ?

Advice on this would be great.
Videocentricity
[Post New]
I never quite understand how the thumbnails are chosen by youtube. You get three thumbnails to pick from in Edit Video but that's it.

Sometimes when the video contrast changes, eg goes from black to an image or when a music track plays, I have seen the thumbnail chosen then, but not reliably.

But you dont get big traffic cuz of the image. Seriously if you want to tell the world your message and you aren't paying youtube for placement, you have to put the one thing in your video which attracts teenagers. S - E - X

Even a few still shots of girls in bars on a Saturday night, as the lead in, and then write up the body of the description as "drunken chicks listen to xyz band" and then submit and see if you get any more visits.

However real quality will be the judge. The highest number of views of any video I ever made was my own cartoon of a childrens song sung by Stan De Witt and I guess kids may have e-mailed each other or perhaps parents cuz its clean and amusing.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidmania#p/u/40/yc2vAIqzVbo

If you can't solve the problem - Change the problem