Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
[reproduced] PowerDVD 10 Ultra Not Working with Windows 7 WMC
DiAngelo66 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 16, 2011 21:13 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Add me to the list of of Power DVD users unsable to play Blu Ray in Media Center (IE 9 installed). Please fix this ASAP.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 17. 2011 13:50

Djc11369 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 26, 2010 16:33 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
<Deleted>

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 23. 2011 14:32

[Post New]
I have the exact the same problem. I did install IE9. The workaround is only insanely temporary. Its time for this issue to be addressed Please. Thank you. CM
Belmontct [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Texas, USA Joined: Apr 23, 2011 23:05 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I am going to join in on this because I too am experiencing PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D Mark II that will not load in WMC and skips, artifacts, and generally misbehaves in the standard windows environment. I am not running IE9 and never have. I have an out of the box Windows 7 Ultra 64bit installation and the system has never been connected to a network. Therefore none of the programs required to keep it safe and secure have ever been installed including AV, defender, etc. PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D Mark II is th the only installed application on this computer.

Everything was very happy until I watched Skyline (Not recommended by the way) in WMC and about 15 minutes into the movie it began to fall apart. Lots of artifacts and finally complete failure. I immediately went to the internet on a different computer (remember this one has no conenction) and downloaded the latest version of Powerdvd 10 Ultra 3D build 2701 and installed it. I have not been able to play a BluRay since without some sort of bad behavior which includes artifacts, skipping sound, poor 3D performance, stalling/pausing and complete failure.

I too would like to know when the next upgrade will be available that will address this poor performance issue.

Regards

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 23. 2011 23:24

Ashish [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 23, 2011 09:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same issue! When will we have the fix?
Belmontct [Avatar]
[Post New]
Will PowerDVD11 fix our problems?

Regards,
Belmontct [Avatar]
[Post New]
PowerDVD 11 fixes the problem plus PowerDVD 11 is better.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 26. 2011 00:08

Belmontct [Avatar]
[Post New]
Still a problem. While PowerDVD11 actually fixes the problem of NOT playing in WMC, it also takes away analog high def playback. It actually refuses to play at all rather than step down to 480i/576i .

I think I just gave away $120 US -or- I have to spend another $1000 to upgrade the theater. Not a pretty picture right now. Actually there is no picture at all.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 26. 2011 21:13

wa6nqk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 21, 2011 20:34 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I've been a PowerDVD user for many years (since v.5 or 6) but find the lack of support for this issue disturbing. I just switched to a competing product, problem solved!
JMGNYC32 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 09, 2009 18:21 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
IE9 broke PDVD10 for me also. Not knowing at the time it was IE9 I decided to uninstall PDVD10 and re-install it. I've done that a number of time before as PDVD10 seems to break every so often when upgrading something in Windows and re-installing it usually fixes it.

I tried to re-install PDVD10 but as I bought it as an upgrade from PDVD9, the installer I have wouldn't run withouth installing 9 first. So I tried to install 9 (which I also have a license key for) but it tells me that I have used the license key too many times and won't work. So I can't re-install 10 because I can't re-install 9 so I was without a player.

I submitted a support request but have not heard back for the last 48 hours.

In the meantime I tried PDVD11 trial version. It works fine with IE9 but unfortunately, through Windows Media Center it has a bug and the playback keys (fast forward, rewind, stop, next chapter etc.) do not work with the remote.

What a mess and nothing seems to be forthcoming from Cyberlink either to my support requests or in the way of a patch.

I certainly won't buy a product that doesn't support the Windows Media Center remote control for playback. I hate to go through the hassle of uninstalling IE9 even if I do finally get a response from support about how to install my legally purchased copy of either PDVD9 or PDVD10.

[Post New]
I too have been hesitant to reinstall PDVD10 to work with this issue because with an earlier mkv issue (installing/uninstalling) my key was soon rejected and made invalid.
beyond315 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 22, 2009 11:41 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I've been a PowerDVD user for many years (since v.5 or 6) but find the lack of support for this issue disturbing. I just switched to a competing product, problem solved!

I've been with PowerDVD since v. 5 came on my Dell laptop many years ago, but after issues updating to PDVD10 Mark II (exhaustive installs/uninstalls) with the runaround from Cyberlink tech support, and now it crashing every time I try to play a disc in WMC, I've also gone to a competing product. Sorry Cyberlink, too little too late.
DVDmadness123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2011 20:09 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDVD 10 and IE9 work around found! What clued me in to the solution was a problem that some folks had with the Netflix plug in and IE9 beta. here: http://www.missingremote.com/news/2011-03-11/ie9-breaks-netflix-streaming-windows-media-center-fix-here

This solution works with IE9 final. My System is Windows 7 64bit. I only use it for media center and I'm not too concerned about any changes to the browser security as I don't surf with this. It's a dedicated system for Media center.

First make the registry changes noted in the link above (you can copy and paste this to notepad and then save as a .reg and then double click it to save the typing

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FEATURE_USE_LEGACY_JSCRIPT]
"ehexthost.exe"=dword:00000001
"ehexthost32.exe"=dword:00000001

second, clear your IE9 cache (tools, internet options, delete..., check everything except the first one) and diable & enable protected mode (tools, security, uncheck protected mode exit IE, come back in check it again)

third, as mentioned earlier in this thread do the following:

C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD10\PowerDVD Cinema
doubleclick :
PDVDCM10Service.exe
PowerDVDCinema10.exe
PowerDVDCinema10.mcl
Close any windows that open..

Restart media center. I've rebooted numerous times and everything seems fine.

I understand this happened as a result of IE9, but CyberLink should do more to address this versus try a sell version 11...
DiAngelo66 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I tried following these steps, but can't seem to get this to work.

Angel Pagan

DiAngelo66 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Okay, seems to work now!
JazJon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 29, 2009 23:50 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks DVDmadness123, that fixed it! I was about to do a whole clean re-install of windows, I'm glad I searched for answers first. Why does Internet Explorer ALWAYS break things? damn it.
Margath [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 16, 2011 23:26 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
The registry edit fix worked for me, even though I was not having problems with Netflix.

Thanks!