Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problems opening files on DVD
msbaldwin43 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: msbaldwin43@aol.com Joined: Jul 20, 2007 07:10 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am having problems opening data files that I have burned on my DVD's. I am not even able to copy them so they can be transferred to a CD or another DVD. I have come to the conclusion that either I have a problem with my Power2go software or I have a bad DVD Player. I do get an O/1 error message. Sue Sue
Michael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 23, 2007 09:45 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello there! Hmmm... i dont think the problem is with the software but it's probably your hardware! Please check if your DVD player is DVD-R/RW compatible on your PC otherwise you'll have to purchase a new one. Hope i've helped in some way as i'm new to this scene!
Mike [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2007 19:22 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
More than likely one of two things:

1. Poor quality media....your DVD or CD is bad or going bad, is not readable in your or other DVD players.
2. The DVD disc is unreadable because it has open or unreadable multiple sessions. Sometimes you have to close all sessions and finalize the disc in order to read the data files in the last session.