Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transferring Analog to digital
Rex [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 19, 2007 17:43 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Is it possible to download analog tape thru another digital camera (Canon)into my computer using Powerdirector? I can do it with my Windows movie maker (free) but not quite sure how thru Director 6.
Thanks
[Post New]
Hi Rex,

I would have thought that if you can capture via movie maker couldn't you just "import" the movie maker file (WMA) into PDR rather than capture directly into PDR.??

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 22. 2007 01:55

I'm here for a good time, not a long time.
Joseph [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 31, 2007 01:38 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I need the same answer for PowerEncoder MPEG4 AVC Edition

Here is the setup:

Use $3000 DV camera to encode from Analog to DV
(use video in on the DV cam from a tape vcr and it comes out Very Clean)

Then 1394 the DV over to the Capture software

PROBLEM: PowerEncoder MPEG4 AVC Edition wants to control the DV cam tape (rewind, play etc)

Other software has a option to turn off DV Cam control (and just capture)

Main Concepts
Sony Vegas
Windows Meida encoder
Exsate DV Capture Live

I want to go right to H.264 AVC Best Quality so PowerEncoder MPEG4 AVC Edition is my best choice

I like PowerEncoder MPEG4 AVC Edition the best but I am not going to buy it if I can't turn off the DV cam control and just click capture to start a capture

Any Help would be Great

Thanks

Joe

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 31. 2007 01:58

Michael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 07, 2007 12:20 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
What is the point of video "Capture" if PD6 is failing to capture? The "solution" seems to be: use another software program to get around it. This is a problem for PD6 to fix, not for other manufactures to make up for PD6's shortcomings. Don't get me wrong, the advice works, provided you have another program. Capture is a basic function of video editing software and should be expected when purchasing PD6.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Michael,

What the heck are you on about?

PD6 Capture works fine for an analogue signal - perhaps the hardware you have is deficient - PD6 works just fine for me thanks as an analogue video capture software.

Your comments are ill thought out.

Dafydd

Michael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 07, 2007 12:20 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I'm glad the capture works for you. It would appear that while at least two other older, less fancy featured video editing software programs that I have recognize my A-to-D converter just fine, PD6 with the latest & greatest can not. I got a tech support response for your edification and my dissappointment. ---

"In regard to your issue, we regret to inform you that PowerDirector 6.0 software does not supports any type of converters, connectors and hubs etc. As you are using a device to convert analog signal to digital signal it will not work properly with PowerDirector software. "

They go on to advise I buy from a compatable list of capture cards to makeup for the program's deficiencies.

So, I guess your right, I need to buy more hardware to get PD6 to work for me while other programs just expand their capture device profiles. (with all due respect) NOT!!

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Michael,

I'm sure you want PowerDirector to recognise your A to D Convertor I'm not surprised it wont.

Read the spec of your product:
A to D CONVERTER
8 CHANNEL CHART RECORDER WITH UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES.

Connect your computer to the outside world through the parallel port on your PC!
Monitor eight separate analog inputs simultaneously and display them digitally or graphically.
Each input has 8 bit resolution
Use your computer as an oscilloscope using the provided DOS software!
This software only works with Windows 98 or earlier operating systems.
Set up program allows for easy configuration. Easy Print screen function.
Save data easily: Automatically or Manually.
Comma separated variable format.
Hardware selectable 0-2.5 V DC or 0-5 V DC input range.
Chart provided to calculate scaling resistors. (resistors not included)
Operating voltage: 8 to 15 Volts From Wall Transformer
SIZE: 2.75" x 2.5" x 1" (case size)

Please contact the developer of the product.

I hope this is the A to D Convertor you are in possession of!

I would have thought a multi-input...... sorry, you don't want to know about a special multiple input card.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 06. 2007 10:35