Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The disadvantage of video denoise & image quality enhancement
k80sg [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 07, 2011 21:43 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am doing an edit to a few of my recorded videos using my iPhone 4 but because they were shot in a dim litted room, the video noise level is awfully highl. I tried applying video denoise and all my videos saw a bit of improvements but the image quality seems to become more blurry. So am I right that the video denoise reduces the video noise in the expense of the image sharpness?

Any general advices which I can use to improve the video quality especially getting rid of those vid noises with minimal loss of quality?

Thanks.
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Video noise is due to low light conditions that your camera could not process adequately. The software simply tries to fill in the void for the missing pixels. The result is a blurred but smoother image. Win 10, i7
Videocentricity
Contributor Location: Long Beach,CA Joined: May 21, 2007 05:37 Messages: 394 Offline
[Post New]
The problem really wont go away except by shooting under higher exposure/lower shutter spped if your camera allows it.
Try adjusting brightness, contrast & sharpen as well as denoise and you maybe will get a better result. I find that simply brightening the clip and THEN denoise has worked in the past.

Alternatively you simply add a banner at the beginning saying "This movie was shot under available light conditions so that the performers would not be distracted by my presence...." or something like that.

Remember great content is always going to be interesting even in low light, ask any senator caught in his car with a girlfriend.

If you can't solve the problem - Change the problem