Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"My Title" on Random Clips, Don't Know Why
[Post New]
Hey all,

I'm almost finished with a video project i've been working on, and one of the last issues I need to clear up is with the text "My Title" which appears on some of the clips in my video. I'm unsure of why these text strings are on the clips they are on, but I want to get rid of the text. It appears on 3 of my clips, and the bluish text lasts the entire duration of the clip it is on.

Any way of getting rid of these random instances of text without deleting the affected clips and re-inserting them ? Although I could remedy this problem without much work, I would like to know how to do this for future reference and to preserve my multi-trimmed clips which were altered to match the timing of a song.

Thanks
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Andrew 90,

The only time I have seen the "My Title" text is when I either drag the "Default" title from the Title room to one of the video tracks or title track...or if I right click on the "Default" title in the Title room and choose "Add to timeline"

It should be a simple task to open up your video project in PowerDirector and remove the "Default" segments from the timeline. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
[Post New]
If you could provide more specific details on this it would be a great help...i'm sure this requires only a few simple actions, but i've been trying to delete this 'My Title' effect from the 3 clips it appears on, and so far nothing has worked. I went to the title menu for the selected clip, and clicked on "cut title", and still nothing worked.

Advice here, in steps if possible, would be the solution to this thread.

Thanks

Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Andrew,

Could you post a screen shot of your edit window showing the timeline, this will help me give you specific instructions.

To do a screenshot.

1. Have PD open then hit the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard.

2. Open Windows Paint or what ever editing program you use. Then hit Control/V (paste)

3. Save the image as a .png

4. Then attach the .png file to your next reply.

ps. Do not use the quick reply box, click on "Post reply" to get access to the attachments option.

Cheers

Robert My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
[Post New]
You can see the purple/blue text in the center of the clip.
[Thumb - My Title.png]
 Filename
My Title.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
726 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
340 time(s)
Robert2 S
[Post New]
Thanks Andrew for the screen shot.

If you scroll down below track three you should see the Title track which will have the "Default title" which you can then click on and delete.

Cheers

Robert2 S My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
[Post New]
Thanks so much ! I knew it had to be something I overlooked.

I must say this is one of the more helpful forums I've used.
Robert2 S
[Post New]
Hi Andrew, glad we could help you.

You know Andrew this forum is one of the major strengths of PowerDirector and one of the reasons I have struck with it for so long.

If you get the chance, pay it forward if you can help someone else, so everyone wins.

Cheers

Robert2 S My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn