Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Youtube movies
mamethot@hotmail.com [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2011 13:22 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Hey folks,

Another question...what is the profile used for youtube uploads? I select the HD 720P format and it creates a WMV file. What if I'd like to produce the file and upload myself on youtube? Which profile should I use? I cannot seem to find it...

Thanks
Trevor George
Member Location: Bristol, UK. Joined: May 29, 2010 17:44 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
My preference is for H264 / AVC files. They tend to be on the large size, but in my opinion worth the YouTube upload wait

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 02. 2011 15:29

Trevor . . My YouTube site . . (Bristol, UK) . . My JVC GZ-HM1 Camcorder
bolda
Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Feb 02, 2011 15:10 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
Hey:

I've only dealt with this briefly and someone may have a better answer.

It seems to me that no preset profile outputs the same format as when using the YouTube upload feature. I trust the most convenient format is WMV as you may have figured. One simple way is starting the YouTube upload process and stopping it when it starts the actual upload. This, however, requires your attendance.

I think that selecting WMV 9 FULL HD should work too but I haven't tested this as I only recently updated my PowerDirector whereas before the update I got an error message about insufficient memory just for this profile. It appears to be working now, so I could try it but it will take a while...

Jirka

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 02. 2011 15:40

[Post New]
Nirgal, not sure I'm following you here. No one is having a technical issue. My question may be technical but not an issue.

May I ask what this forum should be about?
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Please ignore nirgal he has a bee in his bonet.

I have over over 140 videos on youtube and I agree with Trevor. If you want the best quality for youtube produce the video to H264 / AVC and manually update to youtube. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
[Post New]
Robert, thanks for the reply.

I hear you.

However, since I'm being charged an amount/gb of transfer, I'm looking for an acceptable tradeoff between quality and weight...

If it were to watch at home I'd go with Full HD of course.
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
I hear what you are saying. If you need a small video (Mb) but still physically large (720 or 1080) the bit rate is a major controlling issue along with a great compression (H.264).

You may have to play with a 5-10 second video varying the bit rate of your produced video to find the balance that works for you. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Terry SE NSW
Newbie Location: NSW, Australia Joined: Jan 28, 2010 02:07 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
A video has been posted on the YouTube 'PD Toots' channel re creating custom WMV profiles that ensure a more superior quality of video when uploaded to YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots#p/u/23/vw2RlzIt9EM
I created one while using PD8 but have been able to use it with PD9 also and have been pleased with the resulting quality.
I would then cancel the YouTube upload and load it independently as I found this was the most successful method for me.
Additionally, as I only have access to a relatively unpredictable wireless connection, the video file would not produce when I could not connect to the YouTube site so I also had to rename it so it would appear in the WMV drop down menu.
Terry

NB: Like you mamethot I am also restricted with DL/UP limits

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 03. 2011 20:22

[Post New]
This is great information, I shall thank you very much