Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
RE-ACTIVATION
llamas1234 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 11, 2010 11:24 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
After 25 years working with computers and tech support. I can with out a doubt say this tech support with this company is hands down the worst! 3 day lag time. One way communication, and absolutely ridiculous answers that I have to respond to and wait 3 more days?

S0, this forum is my last hope. Does anyone have any idea how I can re-activate this PD 9 software? The activation codes that originally let me work in PD9 will not work now after re-installation. I CAN NOT even get into the software to see if the SUGGESTED changes I've made to my PC (driver updates, more space, etc...), HAS WORKED? Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3, 50GB freespace on c:, 2 external 1TB hard drives, 3.4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
If you have re-installed PD9 too many times, you must contact Cyberlink technical help to get the activation code restored.

No other way to activate PD9 after so many installs. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

llamas1234 [Avatar]
[Post New]
thank you, and I have, and they say something like...you need to update drivers???(See first part of message)

I've only un-installed one time. Thank you again, and I guess I'll wait three days to see if they have a clue to give me re-activation codes. Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3, 50GB freespace on c:, 2 external 1TB hard drives, 3.4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Are you copy and pasting each key into PD?

Is it the activation of a file which cant be read which is the problem?

Did you supply online support with proof of purchase? Order number and contact details - which have to be checked.

I have installed ALL pre-release, beta and full release versions of PD9 and have not had problems with activation. the only issue which can and does occur is activation of the section for file recognition/acceptance.

How many times have you used the activation key?

"Will not work" how? Please provide a screenshot of the message you received.

As Carl has mentioned, you need to explain the situation clearly to Online Support.

I can pass on your concerns and see why there has been a delay in answering you, for that I'd need your support reference.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 27. 2011 11:39

llamas1234 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've given them the activation codes and purchase number. THEY SHOULD HAVE IT, AND RESPOND MUCH FASTER. I enter them by hand (multiple tries). It says activation code is wrong. The problems are multi-fa-cited with this software, which we are trying to address. It's a separate issue now. Now, I'm just trying to get into the software after uninstalling and re-installing it AFTER making all of the suggestions/changes to the hardware from them and this forum. Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3, 50GB freespace on c:, 2 external 1TB hard drives, 3.4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro
llamas1234 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry,

case # CS000972988

Thanks Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3, 50GB freespace on c:, 2 external 1TB hard drives, 3.4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm a video editor, I'm not CyberLink.

I suggest you COPY & PASTE the activation code as you might be misreading a 0 for a O.

Screenshot of the message - I realise it might be an extra thing for you to do, but it is of some importance.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 27. 2011 12:09

llamas1234 [Avatar]
[Post New]
"I'm a video editor, I'm not CyberLink."

Yes, I know but you said " I can pass on your concerns and see why there has been a delay in answering you, for that I'd need your support reference"

so I gave you the case # CS000972988

thank you.

FYI: I have tried every way to enter the activation code. By hand. Double checked, and triple checked the numbers. No zeros or O's. Cutting and pasting activation codes for PD9 will not work as there are many separate fields. But, I have tried to cut and paste individual fields....just for kicks.
[Thumb - activationerror.JPG]
 Filename
activationerror.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
197 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
195 time(s)
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3, 50GB freespace on c:, 2 external 1TB hard drives, 3.4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK, thanks for the image and the service number.

I have contact with CyberLink and can pass on details to them - that's all I was going to do.

I always copy and paste the key into the activation boxes. I'm surprised you only did it "just for kicks". I hope you used the email purchase confirmation as the source.

Best of luck with online support.

Dafydd
[Post New]
llamas1234;

For future pleasure, Cyberlink, as well as many other programs support the PASTING of multi-field keys to prevent entry errors.
For example, a key like the one below can be pasted in the following way:
Bxxxx-Yxxxx-Kxxxx-7xxxx-Gxxxx-7xxxx

1. Select the entire key (dashes included) and copy (or use <CTRL><C>)
2. Place the cursor in the first field of the Activation box and PASTE (or use <CTRL><V>)

I use it often and it save my clumsy keystrokes from messing thing up!!
llamas1234 [Avatar]
[Post New]
FredB,

I appreciate the suggestion. I'm well aware of all the "cut and paste". And have tried everything you can imagine. It simply is not taking the key, and it IS the key they gave me when I purchased the software. When I say take the key, I mean activate the software....."Your Activation Key is incorrect. Try again"

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 27. 2011 21:59

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3, 50GB freespace on c:, 2 external 1TB hard drives, 3.4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
llamas,
You can PM me your full contact details (name/email), Order number, activation key and the proof of purchase which is the FULL content of the confirmation email you received.

I'll pass the issue on for CyberLink customer support to investigate.

What if when CLcs checks the activation key and it makes PD function? What will you do then? I just wanted you to have that scenario in mind.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 28. 2011 09:10

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,
I'm told support replied to you on the 29th, did you pick up their note?

I recently resolved a problem for a MediaShow user who couldn't activate their build. I did a key check and everything was correct with the key and yet activation continued to fail. I had the user check to see if they were applying the activation as the Administrator of the computer - they weren't. As soon as the switch was made and the key was accepted.

Please can you check to see if you're the Administrator of your computer, and apply the key.

thanks

Dafydd
PS there is no problem with your key - it has been checked.
llamas1234 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks. Yes I'm in adminsitrator. Long story short. They gave me a WHOLE list of things to do. 1) A cleaner file (which appeared anyway, to not do anything) 2)Followed by a new PD-9 Build (not seen before or on line)? However , the passwords they gave me to download that software did not work. My guess is, they talked at the bottom of the ridiculously long instructions that there may be a "timeframe" to download the new PD-9 file which was ridiculously over last night (according to their half English message). So, I have a NEW reply in to these guys to ask them to PLEASE give me the codes to do their instructions, to try to get my paid for codes to work, and then finally try to get the poorly coded software to work.

This is by far, the worst company structured tech support I have ever dealt with. It really IS TERRIBLE. Let me tell you, they are loosing market share. If they don't respond quickly to THEIR ERRORS (not mine), we are going over to Sony and wash my hands forever. Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3, 50GB freespace on c:, 2 external 1TB hard drives, 3.4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro
Jerryapp [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2011 18:10 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Don't feel bad, I have been waiting over a week for a reply from tech support on an issue I am having with Kodak PlaySport MOV files. They certainly do have the WORST tech support.

I was going to try a re-install but after reading your problem I will wait.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok,
Then I think you should apply for a refund.

I cant see that it is CL's end. The key has been checked and functions. My system prior to changing to W7 is/was the same as yours and my key has remained the same. I used it on an XP system same as yours for about 3 months and did quite a few uninstalls etc.

If you could PM me the poorly written instructions I'd appreciate it. I can follow that up for sure.

Sorry, but I don't think I can do a lot for you.

Jerryapp: please start your own thread and provide a sample. llamas' issue is completely different and if you read through it unique.

2ys4u: Yes they have confirmed it is legit. As for your comments - not on a public forum thanks, post deleted.

Dafydd
2ys4u [Avatar]
Newbie Location: . Joined: Jan 31, 2011 11:32 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
well there goes my freedom of speech.

but no worries. I deleted the software and installed a competition software which works fine...

I suspect this post will be deleted too since it doesn't follow the party lines...
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
2ys4u

Freedom of speech does not entitle you to be gross, rude or use profanities or abbreviations for.

Perhaps I should have lambasted you more and told you off just as your English teacher would have done.

This is a public forum where you are expected to conform to the rules of the site, have good manners and not use a liberal smattering of diction that is offensive.

Best of luck with your editing.

Dafydd

Edits - minor corrections.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 31. 2011 13:44

llamas1234 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Jerryapp

I just received another reply from tech support. Comically, he cut and paste the EXACT SAME directions from the last support message he sent me, only changed the passwords and extended the time frame for me to be able to download it (one day). The really funny thing is about all of this, is it may take them 24 hrs to reply to the message that THEIR directions and downloads don't work, THEN it will be too late to do their time sensitive downloads. I swear I must be on some "Punked" show or something?

They did not work, because the cleaner program did not work as they had suggested?

It's like they are not listening? It's a countdown now. I've spend a week with this company truing to get it running. Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3, 50GB freespace on c:, 2 external 1TB hard drives, 3.4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro
Jerryapp [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2011 18:10 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
It looks like today is tech report response day. I also received a reply telling me to disable Richvideo in the general preference menu. I do not have such an option, no Richvideo at all mentioned anywhere. They told me to update drivers and send them the dxdiag.txt file and my serial number. I responded and will now have to wait another week.