Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD BD Cannot Play Commercial Blue-ray Movies!!!
Doan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 12, 2006 03:53 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Is it true that PowerDVD cannot play commercial BD-ROM movies? I've just purchased the Sony BWU-100A, installed the included PowerDVD BD but it could not play my "XXX" Blue-ray movie!!! Do I need to purchase additional plug-in?
White [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 18, 2006 19:38 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]

Not so much that PowerDvd cannot play commercial blue-ray movies,But your Sony BWU-100A wont read the movie!! Sorry.!!

Here's the article:-

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13803
Doan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 12, 2006 03:53 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for confirming. I'm returning the Sony drive! I bought the Sony drive to play commercial blue-ray movies because at $750, it's cheaper than the $1,000 standalone unit. But with all the copy protection crap like HDCP-enabled graphic card, superpowerful PC to play back HD contents, the $250 saving is not worth for all these troubles.

I'm returning the drive because a blue-ray drive that cannot play blue-ray movies is a useless piece of hardware!!!
White [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 18, 2006 19:38 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]

No doubt your not the only one taking it back!

You think Sony would have done more research before taking it to market.
First to market,first to be returned! Doesn't do the brand name much good,
Dude [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 23, 2006 00:59 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
$1,000? Next year the players will be $150