Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
AVCHD/Smart-Fit - Final Size bigger then the original
RickJesse [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 20, 2011 01:18 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have a video from my Canon HFS100 camera that is shot in 1440x1080 at 11.100Mbps the size is 4.4gig.

When I try to use the "Create Disc" feature and build an AVCHD 4.7GB DVD, the resulting file is larger (5.5 GB) then the original as it wants to remux it at 15.5Mbps, is there anyway to force it to use the same bitrate, a custom bit rate and/or a smart-fit option like there is under the DVD disk type.

Rick

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
You can create a custom profile and set the bitrate lower. You may not get the exact same file size, but you can get it close. You can set the maximum and average bitrate, or set it for constant bitrate. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
pjc3
Senior Member Location: Australia Joined: May 29, 2010 19:33 Messages: 247 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: You can create a custom profile and set the bitrate lower.

I don't think you can in the disc module. Panasonic SD9, Panasonic TM700, Panasonic SD600, GoPro HD Hero.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
You have a little control, it's a SVRT trick or feature. For video that needs to be encoded, say 1920x1080 24Mbps, by default PD will currently use ~16Mbps avg bitrate when AVCHD on DVD is used in Create Disc. You can reduce the file size ~20% by the following.

1) produce your video in its entirety with a AVC custom profile with a user specified avg bitrate set to 13000
2) bring produced video into a new project timeline
3) In Create Disc, use AVCHD on DVD, PD behind the scene will use SVRT and your final project will be about 13/16=.81 of it's size if you had not done step 1 and simply left the 24Mbps footage in the timeline for PD to encode.

Jeff
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: You can create a custom profile and set the bitrate lower.

I don't think you can in the disc module.

I do believe you are correct. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
RickJesse [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 20, 2011 01:18 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the tips, here is what I have been able to do.

Take the original Video encoded at 11.1Mbps and 4.4gb, using PowerDirector I can rencode at 10Mbps and get a file now about 4.1GB.

I then use the "produce disc" module and create an AVCHD disc, my only problem is if I select a 4.7GB AVCHD it still thinks it is to big (as it calculates the final disc size encoded at 15Mbps), so I have to select the 8.5GB AVCHD option, burn it to a directory and then burn that directory to a 4.7GB disk using an external program like Imgburn.

The "produce disc" does use the SVRT, and the final encoded video does come out at around the 10Mbps and does not actually rencode at the 15Mbps it tells me it is going to do.

It would be nice if the "disc size" calculator was correct so I did not have to do the extra step, is this a "BUG"?

Rick
pjc3
Senior Member Location: Australia Joined: May 29, 2010 19:33 Messages: 247 Offline
[Post New]
Whether it is a bug or the programme being a little bit daft, it still has caused some angst for several users. We can only hope they bring in a Smart Fit option for AVCHD discs. Panasonic SD9, Panasonic TM700, Panasonic SD600, GoPro HD Hero.
deklerkt [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 13, 2011 06:34 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
I second that! Smartfit AVCHD to 8.5 or 4.7 GB DVDs.

I got a movie that is produced as 6 GB m2ts file (AVC custom profile 10,000 bits). Reloaded it into a new project, but unfortunately the "Create Disc" for AVCHD 8.5 GB still claims it wants to make it 12 GB.
I don't see/understand why Create Disc wants to upscale/uprate rather than simply take the m2ts as-is (no changes made to it) and not re-render it. It should simply fit...