Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Mic won't work
harpo1000 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 14, 2011 23:24 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Did a search and didn't find anything, so forgive me if this is a common question.

Just bought PowerDirector 9.

Am trying to record a voice-over track for some video clips. I can't get the mic to work with PD9. I click on "device" and move the "input volume" slider up and click "ok". It then moves right back down to zero. (see attached photo) I'm also assuming I should see something on the indicator LED to the left but nothing appears when I talk into the mic. I tried to record but get nothing. I can hit "record" and it draws a yellow outlined box...but no sound records and the box disappears after I hit "stop".

The mic DOES work on other applications like Skype and on a Logictec webcam application.

I downloaded and installed the recent patch and it didn't help this problem. (CyberLink.2504_Patch_VDE101208-05)

The version I have is: Power Director deluxe 9.0.0.2504

Runing on Windows XP professional version 2002 service pack 3

C-Media sound card for the mic. (CM 6501)
NVidia GeForce 8800 GT video card.
 Filename
Powerdirector 1.bmp
[Disk]
 Description
Screenshot
 Filesize
3797 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
401 time(s)
harpo1000 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well this is scary....no answer from customer support or the forums....is the problem unsolvable?
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Well this is scary....no answer from customer support or the forums....is the problem unsolvable?

This isn't customer support....it is a user forum of the software. I read your question earlier in the day and I am not sure what the problem is. My microphone is detected and works.....Since I didn't have any input I didn't respond....You aren't alone many people think this is a way to get a response from Cyberlink Technical support....but they are not monitoring thse forums.

Customer support may take a day or two to get back to you.

Good Luck and I hope you get it figured out.

Regards,

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 18. 2011 22:03

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I have a mic that is not recognized in the front port, but is ion the rear port. That's all I've got. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Harpo,

I too am on XP Pro /SP3, and also have the same issue Jamie-esque mentioned, about not being able to use my Front mic jack.
Also, I have found that after I setup the Device settings in the VO room, that after I make my first recording, my master volume (for some unknown reason), re-sets to zero. After I bring it back up to full, it stays there until I exit PD9.

As your settings appear to a bit different than mine, I’ve attached is a screenshot of the Device settings I use that work for me.

[Thumb - VO settings.PNG]
 Filename
VO settings.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
41 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
378 time(s)
Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
harpo1000 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Interesting Cranston, I don't even get an option for the "audio input" like you do. It's greyed out. Methinks that must be a part of the problem.

I did just get the mic to work in the "capture" room. I was able to set the volume slider all the way up and then it showed activity on the LED. I recorded a small test and it did record. But back in the edit room it was right back to where it was. Ah...well...worth a shot. Perhaps Cust support can help.
harpo1000 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Still no word from customer support.

Found a workaround I think....in case anyone else runs across this problem.

I just started the clip I wanted to voice-over and ran "Audacity" (free program) along with it and recorded the voice part. I then just saved the audio file to the folder I'm using for PD9 and imported it into the session. Placed it on the voice-over track and Ta-da!

Couple of extra steps but it looks like it will work if I can't get the problem resolved.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 19. 2011 18:04

DEBORAH [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 03, 2012 21:27 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have PD 10 and have the same problem. I ended up recording the narrations in movie maker and copied the wav files to PD. The other problem I have is that the narrations will not play correctly 20% of the time. It is not the same ones all the time that will do this. Help, tis hard to produce a movie for my website with the wav files going haywire. Thanks, Dana