Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Editing different chapters...
Trent [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2007 15:18 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
I am doing a wedding video for a friend of mine. My different chapters on the DVD are rehearsal, pre-wedding, ceremony and reception. I've edited the first chapter, 'rehearsal.' Now, I'm wanting to start editing some new footage for the 'pre-wedding.' When I drag that video down to the timeline to start trimming, it automatically bumps up against my previous footage, making it difficult to end my first chapter and start my second chapter cleanly. I've tried adding "chapter 2" to the beginning of the new footage, but it doesn't do anything. Whenever I play chapter 1, it still continues on into the new footage. How can I put a space in between the two chapters in order to edit cleanly? Is there something I'm missing?Anybody's input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Trent
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 13, 2007 21:22 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
You can't...

It is designed that way. There can be no spaces between chapters, PD6 will automatically put the two next to each other.

You could try using multiple color boards to allow you some space. I don't if that will work / help or not.
jisbister [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 20, 2006 00:14 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
I'd insert colour boards, setting the length to 3-5 seconds, and add the relevant title (rehearsal, pre-wedding, ceremony and reception) to each.