Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Customer Service is appalling
MrC123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2011 11:26 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Just want to check if anyone else has suffered the disgusting customer service levels that I have experienced over the last two weeks since upgrading from PD7 to PD9. I have found these people to be most unhelpful and at times pig ignorant.

I have more to my own volition, now managed to get PD9 onto my pc, however, this meant taking PD7 off completely due to the upgrade I recieved being corrupted.

However, the content pack, well that is a different kettle of fish. I tell these idiots the problem, they send me another crap link and ask if that did not work, then get back to them. This is not a straightforward reply ,this is a brand new query that is treated as new, and yes you guessed it, they send me the same link again. These people are morons. none
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
We've never been allowed to have multiple versions of PD on the same system.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 08. 2011 11:49

Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
We're not morons and we don't appreciate being treated as your ill-mannered sound off place.

Get your act together and if you want our help, change your approach to us.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 08. 2011 11:51

[Post New]
MrC123;

...welcome to the forum..as a new poster, you will forgive us if we ask too many questions. Not sure what the question is for you exactly..you need to be specific for us to help. I am not sure who the "pig ignorant, moron" is as I do not know you. CALM DOWN!

All versions of PD9 request removal of the prior versions. The installer usually can accomplish this without your help, but sometimes needs you to talk to it an lend support.

If you want us to help, we need at least two (2) things to start:
1. The version and build of Cyberlink. Click on the word POWERDIRECTOR inside the program and it will tell you.
2. A DXDIAG file that will help us "see" your machine a little. Instructions for creating it are HERE (see part B):
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

Save the file somewhere you can find it and come back and press "POST REPLY" button and attach it. Without that information, we, and you, are wasting our time here.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 08. 2011 11:56

Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Your BEST and usually only source of trying to get something resolved when you're having problems is HERE.

We all know about the direct support issues with CL, and just ranting about it does not solve your problem and will actually get you banned from here. And it does no one any good. Almost no one in here works for CL.

Between Dafydd, Cptn Kevin and many others your problem can usually be solved quickly. Also there are almost no software out there that will let you install two separate versions of it on the same computer now days.

We ALL have problems but if you go to the read me guide, even though it says for new members it should just say for anyone with problems go here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/13638.page and see how to set your question up, you will get a far faster solution because the people that actually know how to help you here can help you faster.

Just saying PD crashed my computer does not mean much and then we waste several days and messages trying to figure out what your problem actually is.

Some of these guys know more about how to work around issues than CL does.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 09. 2011 08:40

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
deklerkt [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 13, 2011 06:34 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
Some weeks back I asked customer services what to do in my situation: I have a PD7 OEM version pre-installed on my pc. This was completely removed upon installation of the PD9 trial version. If want to buy PD9, do I need the full price version or an upgrade (from PD7). The latter might want to check there is/was a previous version and currently PD7 is gone and I cannot restore it without going back to a "factory install" which is not what I want to do.

No answer was given upto now. I re-issued the same question yesterday so I hope an answer is forthcoming. I am a little surprised the first time round got no reply. But if someone here knows the answer, I'd be happy to hear.
Dickflyfisherman [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: May 29, 2008 09:34 Messages: 197 Offline
[Post New]
If there is time for argument there is time to fix the problems presented

The BEST WAY to fix "
problems presented is to eliminate them before they become a problem

2nd best is to fix them quickly when they do become a problem

technical talent and customer appreciation should not be on different sides of the ball

no one wins that way
deklerkt [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 13, 2011 06:34 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: If there is time for argument there is time to fix the problems presented

The BEST WAY to fix problems presented is to eliminate them before they become a problem

2nd best is to fix them quickly when they do become a problem

technical talent and customer appreciation should not be on different sides of the ball

no one wins that way

Fully agree - which is why I re-issued the question. It is not a problem yet but in communication there are always 2 parties to tango... so I'll wait again for a response which hopefully is forthcoming.