Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Version pd9 ultra . confused about drivers?
hambone
Newbie Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Joined: Dec 14, 2010 20:18 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I have read on several threads about the need to have the latest driver for pd9. I hate to say this but I am stumped about drivers. I have attached my DxDiag file for review. If I read this correctly I have a Intel driver created in August of last year. Now How do I find out if there is a newer one out and how do I get it? I have never updated drivers before and didn't know I need to. I used pd8 for a long time and it worked correctly for me. Anyway any help you can give is appreciated. And thanks in advance for it.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
305 time(s)
PD9 ULTRA BUILD 3505
Camera: Cannon Vixia hfs20
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP G71 Notebook PC
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
It looks like October is the latest version for your chipset. You can download them from here.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+controllers&ProductProduct=Mobile+Intel%C2%AE+4+Series+Express+Chipset+Family

BUT if you are trying to edit the full HD 1920X1080 24mbits/sec video out of your Canon camera on your noteboook it is going to be slow, or even impossible.

Your DxDiag shows your video chip has 64 MB of dedicated memory, that is waaay low for editing video. I know it says it shared 1631 MB but it is going to be hard for your notebook to handle the video. It may do alright if all you are doing is dropping the video onto the timeline and cutting out the pieces you don't want but as soon as you start getting serious I don't think it will cope well.

Editing video is about the most stressful thing you can do to your computer, especially full HD. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but we get a lot of people here who buy the latest HD camera and wonder why they can't edit the video on their old desktop or new notebook. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn