Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power2Go not responding
Nichole [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 26, 2007 16:17 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I use Cyberlink Power2Go (part of the Cyberlink DVD solution package) to burn everything and anything. Well, while trying to clear up some space on my computer this morning I touched that Power2Go won't open. I click...and nothing happens. Oh, PowerDVD works...but Power2Go won't open at all. This is a major crisis as I really need to make some discs and can't afford to run out and by a new burning program.

Any suggestions on what might be wrong?
Michael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 23, 2007 09:45 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
You probably deleted a file that CyberLink Power2Go needs to run, so you will have to start again and re-install your software CD! Hope that helps.
jpru[34pjr [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 17, 2013 01:21 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
My Power2Go is brand new, just opened. I FINALLY got my new Windows computer to recognize that the player was attached (maybe Gates needs to take apart an Apple to see how they work: plug in, turn on, voila--you have a running computer; plug in an attachment, install it, voila! you have a working attachment). That took quite a long time. But there is nothing that comes up that allows me to run the security software I put in the DVD player. All that pops up is the utility screen that asks if I want to burn a disc, etc. I'm so incredibly frustrated. I have some DVDs that I'll need to run, but I won't be able to on this piece of junk. Is there anyone who believes this DVD player is actually a good piece of technology? And DVD players have been out for a long time--why are these guys going backwards in terms of excellence of technology?? Thanks--I'd like to throw the Windows PC out along with the Cyberlink--they're exhausting!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Try system restore. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
jacksonace [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 24, 2013 08:48 Messages: 54 Offline
[Post New]
There might be a software that you just installed that's caused a conflict here. can you recall any? Also, I would like to ask if system restore fixed this for you Nichole.
Robert [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 25, 2012 23:48 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I purchased Power2Go Platinum several months ago. It was working until recently. In an attempt to get it to work I uninstalled it with the intention to reinstall it. NOW, when I attempt to reinstall it, I get a message which tells me I cannot install it because mfc90u.dll is missing. I am not sure what to do.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Please respond to rdacquay@shaw.ca

Robert Dacquay