Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Opening saved project
[Post New]
Whenever I save a project using Cyberlink Power Director 8 and then go to reopen that saved project, I get an error message. When I click ignore on the error message the project will open but instead of the video I saved there, it is just black with no picture. Am I do something wrong? Should I produce the project instead of just saving it? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Suzanne
Suzanne
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Susanne,

From your description it sounds like PD cannot find the media files that you used in your project.

Have you moved the files? Are the files on your computers hard drive? Did you delete any of the files?

The project file that PD saves is just an information file that saves the settings and locations of the files used in that project. It does not save the actual media files. Nor does PD make any actual changes to the original media files while you are editing.

The error you got would have given you two options 'Browse' or 'Ignore'. By clicking on 'Ignore' you told PD not to bother trying to find the source files.

For future reference.
1- Always copy the source files to your hard drive before you start a project.
2- Never move or delete any of the media files after you start the project.
3- If you do move the media files then you will have to choose 'Browse' to locate each of the missing files.

Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
[Post New]
That was what it was. I am still learning this program and I didn't even think of that. Thanks a bunch for your help

Suzanne
Suzanne
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
You are welcome.

Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
Kevin R.
Contributor Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas Joined: Aug 17, 2010 15:58 Messages: 320 Offline
[Post New]
Great answer Hal, couldn't have said it better.
Kudos!

Kevin R. Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.