Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 9 freezes / hang when producing
jdomingo71 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 10, 2010 21:26 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
hi, i have a problem when producing my video. it seems that i can only produce it to an avi and mpeg4 under file tab (the wmv also hangs), and when i choose device or youtube or facebook, my PD9 hang / freezes. i have updated to the latest patch and latest nvidia driver. thanks for your help
abigailm28 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 03, 2011 15:14 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I have this problem i think, i process it and it stops! it's not frozen it jsut stops!

to youtube
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
jdomingo71, we need some basic information.

1. Version of PD you are using.

2. DxDiag.txt file from your system.

3. A screenshot of your timeline and media room.

Read the READ ME: Guide for NEW members on how to do the above. It is on the front page of the PD9 forum.

Cheers

Robert2 S My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
jdomingo71 [Avatar]
[Post New]
to Robert,

i have PD9 with latest patch running on window 64 bit system. also have the latest driver for my quadro fx1700.
my project is just a small 40 second movie. just one scene with pip (clone effect) only used. really very small project.
im in the office right now and i cant get you the dxdiag.txt file. thanks for your reply
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Hi jdomingo71.

Here are a couple of things to try until you have the chance to upload the screen shot and the DxDiag.txt.

Firstly a trap for young players is updating your video drivers from say Dell or whoever makes your computer are not always the latest drivers. So always update your drivers from the card manufacturer.

Secondly I stopped uploading to youtube from inside PD because if there was a problem you never knew if it was inside PD when producing the video or in the process of uploading the video to youtube. Lastly the default settings inside PD for uploading to youtube were too low in quality for me. I produce all of my videos then upload to youtube from the youtube site. So I would try doing it in two stages instead of just inside pd.

Lastly editing HD video on a laptop unless a very high end laptop and even then, is asking a lot and if anything is going to stress a computer video editing will do it. When I was using PD7 on my old computer I could edit 720 video easily but as soon as I tried to use 1080 Full HD my system started acting up.

Cheers

Robert

My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
paulbid [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2010 18:56 Messages: 39 Offline
[Post New]
I am also having the same problem with Produce hanging on .WMV files (see separate post). I have not yet isolated the issue, but it is some combo of .AVI and .WMV files. The Produce function just hangs: no CPU usage, no disk I/O.

Paul
jdomingo71 [Avatar]
[Post New]
to robert2S

please find attached screenshot of my pd9 project, (note: ive mask out my serial number if you dont mind).

i have downloaded my driver from nvidia site itself not from dell.

if you are suggesting not to use the youtube button inside pd9 then what is the point of putting that in there in the first place. i appreciate the workaround you've suggested but it just doesnt make sense if there is a button there but not working.
[Thumb - pd9 scrnshot.jpg]
 Filename
pd9 scrnshot.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
287 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
193 time(s)
Robert2 S
[Post New]
Thanks for the screenshot, we have no need for the serial number.

Regarding youtube I am not saying don't use it I am saying that if you want the best quality for your video the default is a compromise between speed of uploading and quality. Also with your computer freezing and only using the default youtube button it make it very hard to work out exactly where the problem is.

If after you upload your DxDiag.txt and there is nothing out of order the next thing would be to upload a 5-10 second clip of raw footage from your camera so other members can see if it works on their machines.

Not all videos are the same even if they are said to be .avi or .mpeg, every manufacturer seems to add their little twist to the format.

Cheers

Robert2 S My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Robert2 S
[Post New]
Maybe good news for you, there has been a new patch released, specifically said to correct your problem uploading to youtube.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15126.page

Cheers

jdomingo71 [Avatar]
[Post New]
to Robert2s, thanks for the updates. i appreciate all your help. just installed the latest patch and it is working fine now.
cheers mate.
jdomingo71 [Avatar]
[Post New]
ok i forgot to thank the people behind PD9, you all did a good job on this latest patch. not only me is happy but for sure others too. cheers
Robert2 S
[Post New]
Glad to help jdomingo71 and thanks for the thanks, not many people take the time to do that.

Cheers