Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Install and enable a web browser on your PC
jerryfoote [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 05, 2010 14:03 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I get the message Install and enable a web browser on your PC when I try to upload to youtube.
I have my browser open, what do I have to do to convince PD?
Trevor George
Member Location: Bristol, UK. Joined: May 29, 2010 17:44 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
Do it the "simple" way. Save your video you want to upload to YouTube on a hard-drive . . . when you've done that, simply go to your channel on YouTube and upload it from the saved file on your drive.
So much simpler Trevor . . My YouTube site . . (Bristol, UK) . . My JVC GZ-HM1 Camcorder
BillyC56 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 12, 2010 10:31 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]
I upload directly from PD9 to youtube with no problems,I think it's the easiest and most convenient way to do it, maybe not a whole lot more so then what Trevor proposed but it would be interesting to understand why your getting that message.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 02. 2011 08:10

jerryfoote [Avatar]
[Post New]
It has something to do with the links on the youtube tab.
I enterered my username and password and PD went ahead and compiled and downloaded.
Then a link to view my video appeared but when I clicked the link I got the message
---------------------------
CyberLink PowerDirector
You're trying to use a feature that requires a web browser on this system. Install and enable a web browser on your PC and then try again.
OK

What file format option does PD use when preparing a file for uploads to YouTube?
My original file is a .mov at 720p and 60fps.
Is it sending a .wmv that youtube converts to .flv
Thanks Jerry
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
It may be that you have one or more Browsers installed and none set as default browser. I had similar problem in another program and had to set IE explorer as the default browser. (I just chose IE for simplicity). This may also be your problem.
JimM Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
jerryfoote [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have IE and FoxFire both installed and I set each as default and still get the error message no matter which is default.