Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio and Video Out of Sync After Inserting into Video Timeline
Dorsodude [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Snohomish, WA Joined: Dec 27, 2008 17:18 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
In PD8, I was able to insert a still photo in the video timeline between two MP4 clips and the audio and video of the MP4 clips would stay in sync. With PD9, when I insert a still in the video track, it moves the video track to the right but leaves the audio track in the same place. Is there a way to lock the audio and video for the whole project so that they never are out of sync (unless you manually desire it)? I tried selecting the "Link all tracks when inserting/removing content in timeline" within the Preferences, but it didn't make a difference. I'm hoping there is an easy fix for this.
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
You can lock a track, but then you can't insert.
Several posts regarding this issue, I suggest you make a search.

What I would do;
use another (of the 100 tracks) for stills, modify them as overlays for your
video in modify-window. You place, size and give them motion, if you want that.

Nina
Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
Dorsodude [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Snohomish, WA Joined: Dec 27, 2008 17:18 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Good idea! I guess I have been trying my old techniques that worked in previous versions. I was able to get it to work in a single track, but it was messy. I'll try out your suggestion the next time I want to add a still. Thank you so much!