Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD9 indicates wrong size for creating DVD
Danilowitsch [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 19, 2006 01:10 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
I had about 90 minutes of movie in the timeline. I the create disc menu I did choose DVD 4.7GB and High quality. PD9 indicated this will use about 4.4GB space on my DVD. Very strange. Normally I can only put about 65 minutes movie on a 4.7GB disc. But when I tried to burn the disc, I got burning error. First I was not sure if a had a bad disc. So I buned the DVD to a folder. After I tried to burn this folder to a disc with Imgburn. What a surprise: The size of the produced folder was more than 5GB. And not 4.4 GB what was indicated by PD9. I think, this has to be a bug or something. I will try again with the smart fit option just to see what happens. Is this problem already known?
pjc3
Senior Member Location: Australia Joined: May 29, 2010 19:33 Messages: 247 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Is this problem already known?

Yep.

If you use the search function you will get plenty of post complaining about similar problems Panasonic SD9, Panasonic TM700, Panasonic SD600, GoPro HD Hero.