Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Severe Pixelation and Jerkyness
Kwyn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 15, 2010 18:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
When I render my final movie on the highest quality mpeg4 settings (not hd), when the movie goes from still photos to video clips, my final movie has pixelation, jerkiness, etc... during the video clips. Sound is fine.

I have latest drivers, etc...

Why might this happen?

I have:

Windows 7 64 bit
Centrino 2 processor 2.13 (p7450)
4 gigs RAM
GeForce 9800M GS

Any suggestions on how to fix?

THX!

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
What format and resolution was the original video? __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Kwyn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 15, 2010 18:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
It was originally on a video tape. Can't remember what format I imported it as. But I used power director and I made it into mpeg4 clips. Those clips are the ones giving me the issues.

Thx
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, well with nothing else to go on, it sounds like you produced to a higher quality than the original. Stretching to a larger size can cause mild to severe pixelation. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Does this happen all the time? I was recently editing a project consisting of scanned images of pictures taken in the 1960's for a slideshow I was making. I tried rendering to MPEG2 DVD HQ and in a 18 minute video I had 25 instances where jagged black bars running horizontally would appear in the video (I was using magic motion). This occurred on two occasions during rendering. On the third attempt (no changes were made) the produced file came out just fine. I suspect it may have been a hardware issue on my part. I did not have any trouble when I tried rendering to a MPEG4 file format. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT