Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Activation servers down for 2 days
DavidGGG [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sweden Joined: Dec 15, 2010 02:39 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
I have shut down the firewall, and browsing in Firefox works, so why can't I register PowerDVD? "Can't connect to the activation server" it says. Not much more I can do.. Tried typing in incorrect key, that gives a different message, so it can't be that.

It would be nice to have the product I paid for before Christmas..
DavidGGG [Avatar]
[Post New]
Crap. 3 days.
DavidGGG [Avatar]
[Post New]
Now it works.. thanks for all the help
mindragon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2007 15:17 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Okay so I am a long time Power DVD user. I think the first one I bought was PowerDVD3 or PowerDVD Ultra or something like that. I have bought upgrades on PDVD 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.

I think that the Cyberlink Company really needs to rethink the upgrade process for its' users especially when it spans OS versions. When I got PDVD 6 I had to request support (and they did provide it) such that I could properly reinstall since I couldn't use their upgrade even though I was licensed for it. Same thing with Power DVD7.

Somehow I managed to get Power DVD 8 upgraded to 9 recently and then I did the upgrade to 10. Unfortunately, I contacted Tech Support and followed their advice:

2011/01/12
Open
PowerDVD Cannot play BD CS000964243

After ONE WEEK, they suggested that I uninstall / reinstall. So I tried to do that.

I uninstalled 10. I tried to reinstall 9 -- it says I have to have an upgrade from 7 or 8 to use 9. So I tried to reinstall Power DVD 7. That works but the 8 or 9 upgrade doesn't recognize Power DVD 7. I tried to run the patch. Even the PATCH FOR 7 fails to recognize Power DVD7. Of course this is because I am using Windows 7.

I can't install Power DVD 6 (it won't even install) so I can't upgrade to Power DVD 8 or something like that.

I update the ticket requesting additional support. NO ANSWER AFTER ONE WEEK.

So I call Phone Support. The first guy answers and says they will email me instructions in 10 minutes. After 20 minutes I call support again. They can't locate my order. Turns out the first guy ZAPPED MY ENTIRE ORDER HISTORY!!!

So I provide all my order numbers to the second support guy. He emails me the 9 and 10 full installers with my upgrade keys. Of course, this doesn't work. The 9 activation process says that it is an invalid key.

I used the customer support form on the website to have the rep reload my account with my orders. I provide all my order numbers. She EMAILS my orders but fails to update the website.

WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO MAKE THIS WORK???

1. Tech Support ONLINE fails
2. PAID PHONE SUPPORT FAILS AND MAKES IT ALL WORSE!!!
3. Online Customer Support FAILS

Is Power DVD ONE BIG FAIL???