Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Producing with PD9
McDave73 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 21, 2010 06:06 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I've been trialing the Powerdirector 9 Deluxe and have a couple of questions before I buy, so if anyone can help with answers, much appreciated.

Firstly, I had been trialing on my old XP system and two days ago I got my new Windows 7 setup.
After installing the trail version of the software it won't recognise or add the DivX codec for compressing files
for production to AVI. Any ideas?

And the other thing, when producing to DVD's it's seriously over estimating the size of the output file.
I'm having to output to a file on the hard drive and telling PD9 that it's going to be an 8.5Gb disc.
Is this sorted when you install the Full Version or is it a major flaw?

Hope someone can answer these.

Again, much appreciated.

McDave.
pjc3
Senior Member Location: Australia Joined: May 29, 2010 19:33 Messages: 247 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Firstly, I had been trialing on my old XP system and two days ago I got my new Windows 7 setup.
After installing the trail version of the software it won't recognise or add the DivX codec for compressing files
for production to AVI. Any ideas?

A simple search of the forum for divx will bring up this thred and others.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14217.page#67377
Quote:

Is this sorted when you install the Full Version or is it a major flaw?

McDave.

Major flaw in my opinion. Panasonic SD9, Panasonic TM700, Panasonic SD600, GoPro HD Hero.
McDave73 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 21, 2010 06:06 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Oh dear. if it does it in the full version I'm not paying for that.

Thanks for the reply bud.
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Size estimation has not been particularly reliable in past versions either. You can fit about 1 hour of video using the DVD HQ profile. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT