Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Green Lines and Blocks after I produce a video
JESSEFarr [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 15, 2010 19:03 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there I have been have lots of problems with power director, my new one is i've edited my movie into ten minute sections and now I'm trying to compile them all together and no matter what I do, I get Green Lines, blocks that show up through out the video sometimes taking up the whole screen does any one know y this is happening?
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
JesseFarr,

We need MUCH more information before anyone can even begin to help you. Much more detail please. Win 10, i7
JESSEFarr [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi there here is a snap shot of what I am talking about in a produced video. Please let me know what it might be.I've tried new and old video drivers and still get the same result.

i7 950, ATI 4890 , 4gb ddr3
[Thumb - GreenLines.jpg]
 Filename
GreenLines.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
244 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
182 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 22. 2010 02:10

JESSEFarr [Avatar]
[Post New]
this also shows in windows media player
The Oak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2010 08:17 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
I had a similar problem capturing from my Canon HV-20 HDV tape based video camera.

If I "locked" the HV-20 to "DV" ... I could capture without issues.

If I set the camera to "HDV" ... I would get these green ... blue lines/blocks that would show up via playback and would manifest themselves during recording also. So basically, I could not capture my HD footage. Totally sucked.

(The lines themselves would not show up on the camera's display or if I hooked the camera up via its HDMI to my TV. So it was not the source.)

However ... sometimes ... with HDV set, PD9 would play and record without issues; this is what made it so frustrating. It was basically I kept on trying until it worked. Once I got it to work, I could usually repeat it from that point forward. Turn the camera off though, or remove the cable, reboot the computer, and I was back to square one.

I am hoping it is my firewire cable. It has been forever since I have used this camera and the cable ... I have transferred my footage, so I am okay for now. To go through this again though ... would be a nitemare.

I have only experienced this during capture though. To "Produce" or "Make Disk" or "Edit" ... I have never seen it.

Sorry ... not much of a "solution" I know ... more of a ... "I feel your pain" Dell Studio 1558 (laptop) * I5-520 * AMD HD 5470 * 4GB RAM - 1066MHz DDR3 * 320GB 7200RPM Hard Drive * Windows 7 Pro 64 bit * BluRay Burner
JESSEFarr [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks mate sounds like you went through hell, I hope I can work this out lol its so frustrating.
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Do the green pixels show in Media player as well or only on PD9 ? Win 10, i7
JESSEFarr [Avatar]
[Post New]
They show in all programs that play the produced file. Though some players the footage pauses for the time of the green bits then continues. It only seems to happen when I use the SVRT which is disappointing coz I do not want to re-render the footage again and degrade it. I wish to keep it the same. Could it be a problem with PD9 SVRT?