Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Geforce 8800GT + Samsung C750 3d TV wont work at all!
igor82 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2010 01:52 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. I have Windows 7 + Geforce 8800GT + Samsung LE40C750 40 inch 3d LCD TV. Yesterday i downloaded latest POWER DVD + 3D BD Advisor.

First i launched 3d BD advisor and my system passed all tests.

Then I've tryed to launch 3d BD disc with POWERDVD with "3D LCD TV + HDMI 1.4" mode. The power DVD said me that it cannot launch 3d mode and that i should choose another 3d source. I've checked "Automatic mode" in 3d setup and the situation was the same (i should choose another 3d source).

So can somebody help me. How can i look 3d bd movie?
igor82 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey where is the "Cyberlink" support?? Can anyone help me?
Im going to buy powerDVD for 3d wathching...so what for should i pay if nothing works??
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

This isn't Technical support....it is the user forum for people that use the software. Cyberlink does not monitor the forums.

I have no idea how to help you, but if you need to submit a technical question you could always go through submitting a question to them.

Regards,

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
roller11 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: colorado, usa Joined: Dec 14, 2010 19:03 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hey where is the "Cyberlink" support?? Can anyone help me?
Im going to buy powerDVD for 3d wathching...so what for should i pay if nothing works??
I have a 9800GT and have the same problem. pdvd10 M II launches, but won't play 3D. Forget about customer support. I reported the same thing as you and so-called tech support response was "read info on our website".
igor82 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hmm...it looks strange...cause BD & 3D advisor passed all tests..
roller11 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hmm...it looks strange...cause BD & 3D advisor passed all tests..
My display is a Sony KDL-55hx800, a "3D Ready HDTV hdmi 1.4" television. BD & 3D advisor says fail display, pass everything else. If I change my setup by only replacing my 9800GT with a gtx580, and nothing else, PDVD10 works perfectly, plays all 3D discs in 3D. This proves BD & 3D advisor is broken, worthless.
igor82 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks roller11. It looks like that this it is time to change my videocard...
roller11 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks roller11. It looks like that this it is time to change my videocard...
Question is, what will you upgrade to? A gtx580 will work, but you don't want to spend $500 on a video card when a $100 card will work just as well. I'll be testing a $100 nvidia card that has a good chance of working. If you can hold off for a day or two, I'll advise you of the results.
igor82 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Thanks roller11. It looks like that this it is time to change my videocard...
Question is, what will you upgrade to? A gtx580 will work, but you don't want to spend $500 on a video card when a $100 card will work just as well. I'll be testing a $100 nvidia card that has a good chance of working. If you can hold off for a day or two, I'll advise you of the results.

Offcource i can wait. Thank you. Now im looking not expensive offer. What do you think about GTX 460...the cost is about 150 USD
roller11 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:

Offcource i can wait. Thank you. Now im looking not expensive offer. What do you think about GTX 460...the cost is about 150 USD
Don't know, haven't tested it. However, you must have 3D Vision/3DTV Play installed for any nvidia card to work. I tested with my gtx580. If I disable 3DTV Play by unchecking "Enable strereoscopic 3D" , I can run only 2D.
roller11 [Avatar]
[Post New]
UPDATE:
I just tested nvidia gt 330, plays Blu Ray 3D perfectly in full HDMI 1.4 with TV shutter glasses.
roller11 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: you must have 3D Vision/3DTV Play installed for any nvidia card to work.
Correction, 3D vision is unecessary, works without any 3D vision hardware, especially the emitter.
3Dfreak1973 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 24, 2011 12:08 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
igor82 or roller11

What OS are you using?