Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Custom Video Size
SteveK23 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 14, 2010 17:05 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have video files that are 1024 X 768 and I need to add an audio track. The final output should be the same, since thses are video tutorials that will be viewed on a computer. Is there a way to make a custom .wmv profile that uses 1024X768? Is there even an output format that uses the original video size, and does not resize? all the output profiles are very video centric.

Steve
SteveK23 [Avatar]
[Post New]
forgot to add, I;m using the 64bit version on Win7
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Steve,

It is possible to create your own custom wmv profiles to the specs that you want.

You need to have "Windows Media Encoder 9 Series" to edit the prx profiles.

The wmv profiles are located at this location:
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Language\Enu\Profiles

You can open one of the pre-existing profiles and then edit it and then save as a new name. There is a box that you can also check off "same as video input" and this will maintain the source video resolution. You might have to experiment with the bitrate value. The one in my screenshot is at 10Mbps....but you can input other values to suit your quality requirements. The higher the value the better the quality and the bigger the resulting file size.

Here is a short video tutorial I made to show you how to create a new profile.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots#p/u/20/vw2RlzIt9EM

If you need any help just let me know....I could always make you a profile and then attach it here and you could download it and drop it into the folder I specified above.

Regards,

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
SteveK23 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I folowed the directions and I got an encoding error. If you could make a profile, that would be great. All I need is the setting in the WMV to be video size same as original.

Thanks
SteveK23 [Avatar]
[Post New]
It does not like the check box for video size same as original. when I put 1024 X 768, it started to encode
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Steve,

So did you get a profile to work? Sounds like you did....or do you still need one?

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
SteveK23 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes I got it to work, thanks
Ludrick [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2009 18:04 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Trying to figure out why this video I produced has an audio/video delay. The words are heard a second before the person says anything. It's kind of strange, because it's only does it on certain parts of the DVD.