Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Backgrond Music
Israel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 10, 2007 22:32 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
wen i add the Backgrond Music at Create Disc I can not get it to be longer then 5 sc. I keep moveing the bar over to make it longer, but it keeps going back to 5 sc. if i Burn A DVD the MenU last 5 Sc also . can someone help me out .
I have Cyberlink PowerDirector 6
Jeff [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Michigan U.S.A. Joined: Apr 08, 2007 01:48 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Have you checked the setting in the preferences menu? (Edit>Preferences>Editing tab)
Israel [Avatar]
[Post New]
yes i have but i donot know if it is right. I do not see
Backgrond Music settings. Magis.Music 130. sec.
BradyB
Senior Member Location: Springfield, Illinois USA Joined: Feb 24, 2007 07:38 Messages: 153 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same problem today. The settings under Edit/Preferences/Editing appear to control the Editing area of the software.

This thread appears to identify a problem in the Create Disc area. In the Author screen, there is a field titled "Background Music". There are four icons following. If you hit the {MusicalNote}+ icon, there is a field called "Duration".

Duration appears to be able to be increased by dragging the right slider bar in the box above.

Moving the slider bar, you can watch the Duration field increase. But when you hit the checkmark to save, and then come back in, the Duration field is set back to 4 seconds.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Brady
Alessandro [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 25, 2007 09:09 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
In the "Preview" mode (and also in the final burned DVD) the background music restart in every page (if the DVD menu is multi-page). Is it possibile having music continue to plays between pages?
Israel [Avatar]
[Post New]
so it is not me. I can not get to work so I will be going back to 4.
I know it works.
If someone has a fix E-mail me.
Israel [Avatar]
[Post New]
do we know if a fix is on its way?????
BradyB
Senior Member Location: Springfield, Illinois USA Joined: Feb 24, 2007 07:38 Messages: 153 Offline
[Post New]
A few days ago, I logged a support issue with Cyberlink. We have been communicating back and forth. First, they told me to change a certain setting, then they had me load the latest build. Neither worked.

Today, I sent them a screen print of the area we are having problems.

I will let you know what the final outcome is.

BradyB
[Post New]
Hi Stalker,

I am one person who is extremely pleased with the Cyberlink software; I am constantly amazed at its capabilities. People who watch my videos are very impressed.

I have yet to find any piece of bugless software, so I don't know what your frame of reference is.

The purpose of this forum is for Cyberlink users to help other Cyberlink users. I don't see how your comments are helping anyone, so why don't you spend your energy posting your comments to the forum of the software you prefer, rather than the one you hate?

Or, alternatively, you could request a refund from those anger management classes

Israel [Avatar]
[Post New]
do we have a FiX for This?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

1. Stalker's attitude doesn't impress me. Rants and tangential postings will be deleted. The majority of problems experienced by users are due to the variances of PC set ups - basically, self-inflicted. Whinging, griping, sniveling without the logical application of thought isn't helpful!

2. Isreal you have posted a follow up - thank you, I wasn't aware of your posting. Please state which version of PowerDirector 6 you are using.

Open PD
Look in > Help/About
The version build number will be there.

The latest build is 1731b
Upgrade link: http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/patches_4_ENU.html

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 24. 2007 09:31

peter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 13, 2007 17:17 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Saucer of milk anyone ? Well I don’t remember any problems with the length of the background music on a DVD. The last one I produced the music droned on and on until my old mum worked out what button to press. I am using version 1731B.

Even Microsoft have to bring in many patches for new software and their stuff runs the whole show. I have found on the one or two rare occasions that I have had to contact Cyberlink that there response has been quick and helpful. I’m sure they don’t invest millions on this new software just to upset people and furthermore I don’t think there is any cheaper software out there with so much to offer. If stalker wants some really bad editing software at three times the price I’m sure that I and others could suggest some.

Thanks to Dafydd for his recent offerings and sorry that I did a reply somewhere and put you down as David, will get the hang of it eventually.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Peter....

I did see you'd posted that somewhere.... I wondered who you were referring to.....

Dafydd is pronounced Daa - viith... just thought I'd add that bit

Milk...yuk.... I prefer blackberry crumble and custard in my bowl thanks .... snarl...growl....

Dafydd

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 24. 2007 05:42

Israel [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have PD 6 I will look at the updat to see if works I will get back to you.
Rachael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 13, 2007 06:43 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, did anyone find a fix for this?

Cheers
Rachael