Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3 questions on image placement, audio marker and frame size resolution in PD9 - from a newbie
jdomingo71 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 10, 2010 21:26 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
hi, i just bought PD9 and im enjoying it. it so easy to learn video editing using PD9. i have some question below and hoping you all could help me out. thanks

1. i have a sequence of images (about 150 of them) loaded in to create an animation. i decrease the image duration to about the lowest value 0.2 and when i try to convert it to a movie file its kind of a "stop motion" animation. i would like to know how can i make it animate smoothly?

2. is there a technique of putting a marker on the music instantly? something like i will let the music run and just press a button on the keyboard to place a marker to whatever timeline base on the beat of the music? (hope im clear on this one, my english is poor).

3. how can i change the resolution of the final movie? example if PAL has 720x567, and i wanted to make 720x450, how do i do that?

all your advice/help/suggestion are very much appreciated. thank you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 15. 2010 07:55

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
How are you setting the length that the image displays? When I click on the duration button I can set it as low as 1 frame (00:01). If the images are drawn correctly, I would think that should be about as smooth as it gets.

You set the resolution of the movie by selecting different formats in Produce.

I am not aware of a way to mark the audio track, but maybe someone else can show us some tricks. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
1. i have a sequence of images (about 150 of them) loaded in to create an animation. i decrease the image duration to about the lowest value 0.2 and when i try to convert it to a movie file its kind of a "stop motion" animation. i would like to know how can i make it animate smoothly?

Start a new project and import this video and place it on the timeline...Now highlight the video clip and then select POWER TOOLS.....select video speed....see if increasing the speed will smooth your playback and reduce the stop action.

2. is there a technique of putting a marker on the music instantly? something like i will let the music run and just press a button on the keyboard to place a marker to whatever timeline base on the beat of the music? (hope im clear on this one, my english is poor).

I think I know what you mean. In some other video editing software, I can change the the time scale to BPM(Beats Per Minute) and then input this new number, then sync my audio track to this new scale. In PD9 you only have FPS(frames per second) available. Were you looking for a different time scale? Was I close in what you were asking?

3. how can i change the resolution of the final movie? example if PAL has 720x567, and i wanted to make 720x450, how do i do that?

The only way I can think of is to create a custom WMV profile that has those specific resolution parameters. Take a look at this tutorial on creating these custom WMV profiles...be sure to read the INFO on this video as it details where the profiles are located and the program you need to install to create these profiles.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots#p/u/20/vw2RlzIt9EM

Hope I added some information.

Kevin

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
jdomingo71 [Avatar]
[Post New]
to mr Jaime, thanks for your fast reply. i've tried your advice about the duration and it look much better now. but for the changing of the resolution for final output, is there a way to change them by typing my desired resolution? when i did my animation rendering (architectural rendering) i set my camera to 720 x 450, so i wanted to use that the same resolution to PD9 final output but i dont know how to. when i use some of the format in Produce my movie is either streth horizontally or vertically.

to capn, thanks for your fast reply too. i saw from other editing software about this feature of making a mark on the sound track so that it will be easier to align the video or image on that mark. as the music is playing the guy just press a key on his keyboard to put a mark on the music track and easily place his video and images on that mark so its like synchronise with the music. is there somekind of similar way of doing that in PD9?

thanks again
jdomingo71 [Avatar]
[Post New]
this marking feature is from NEWTEK speed edit software. ok i have another question,
how do i extract the voice and just keep the music from a song? something like karoke style no voice only music?

thanks again
George1938
Senior Member Location: Northern & Central New York, Summer & Orlando, FL winter Joined: Jun 20, 2009 04:58 Messages: 162 Offline
[Post New]
how do i extract the voice and just keep the music from a song? something like karoke style no voice only music?

Not knowing exactly what you desire to do, but in Wave Editor you can Delete unwanted segments and even Copy & Paste to replace to keep the desired length. Also under Effects - Volume the Boost or Fade has merit. I would suggest using WE as a Stand-a-Lone program to best accomplish this so you have more options to save, etc.

George Dell Studio XPS 9100
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz
64 Bit Operating Sytem
12 GB DDR3 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 1248 MB Memory

Canon HF S21 & Canon HG21
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
If the vocals and music are on the same track, PD won't do what you need. I haven't really found anything that will at the consumer level. You could use an equalizer and try to remove the wavelength of the vocals, but you stand a chance of also removing any music in that same wavelength. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
jdomingo71 [Avatar]
[Post New]
to george and Jaime-esque, thanks guys for all your suggestions, yup am trying the WE about my extraction of voice from the music and still trying to get use to it. i've never done this editing (video and audio) before but PD9 is really very easy to learn.

ooops before i forget, i am seems to be having a lot of freezes or hang when im saving my final video to .wmv only. the other format has no problem.

thanks again.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I have altered the title of this thread to reflect the content of the original post to:
3 questions on image placement, audio marker and frame size resolution in PD9 - from a newbie

Newbie: Please make sure your subject title, of your new post, reflects the contents. You help other editors when they search for answers. Please also ask one question/topic per thread, you'll make it easier for members to answer and to assist you.

Thank you.

Dafydd