Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD5 closing down
Iain [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 08, 2006 17:12 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have been using PD5 for some time but just recently when i open up my saved project it will sometimes close down with no error or anything.

Sometime it will allow me to add videos and pics to editing bar for it then to close down.

Has anyone else had this and is there a common reason for it to do this?

MannyCAM [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2006 03:24 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I too have experienced the same issues. Very annoying, so much so that i uninstalled the thing and reinstalled version4. Unfortunately for us version 5 has many problems that need to be addressed. Sadly I won't be purchasing any other products from Cyberlink. They have a great product but are not listening to their customers about these issues.

Manny
Little [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 15, 2006 19:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Yes big problems for me it now will not recognise my DV camera!

I am on a deadline and very stressed out!

Sent 2 emails to support but no reply yet!

The only way round it at the moment is to reinstall completely everytime the problem happens. But then it just happens again and you have to reinstall again -

I'm seriously thinking of installing my disc copy of Power Director 2 that I have and just using that

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 15. 2006 19:20

Reenie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 27, 2006 20:18 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I've had the same problem, and Cyberlink has mostly blamed my computer for the problem. I worked on a project for weeks and the program shuts down with no error message every time I try and open it. Initially, Cyberlink gave me a patch, then advised to reinstall the program, then another patch, another build, etc. I can't count how many times I reinstalled the program. One response from them was that they sell the software worldwide and nobody else has had this problem so it must be my computer - ridiculous! My advice is to save a duplicate version before you produce your video. I am going to ask for a refund, and have a feeling it won't be easy.
Marlene [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 02, 2006 01:27 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I too have had this shutting down of the program all the time but get a Microsoft error "do you want to send error report?". Have reinstalled several times & patches. Can't understand how they can bring out a new version of v5 that has to be purchased when a recently purchased v5 deluxe has so many bugs. I love this program but it is so frustrating.

Marlene
Moore [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 29, 2006 03:53 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
Cyberlink uploaded a fixed modules on download page to fix the project file issues.

If you have encountered problems opening your project file (.PDS), click here for the patch.
http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/dl_patch_335_4_ENU.html

Valdivieso [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 12, 2006 18:08 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I live in Chile, and don't think we all use the same comupter, and still, I have had the same closing down problem, or the sistem crashes and have to close down PD5, without chance of saving... This is a general problem but tech support of CYBERLINK NEVER NEVER solve problems...
Valdivieso [Avatar]
[Post New]
I will be trying the patch... will inform if it worked
Valdivieso [Avatar]
[Post New]
I installed the patch that is a .dll file that has to be replaced in the power director file, which I did. I open the PD5 and get a strong big warning about an ...... file not being available
 Filename
Dibujo.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
the warning when trying to open PD5 after installing the patch
 Filesize
25 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
51 time(s)
Ivan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 21, 2006 04:34 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Valdivieso
I think it will be helpful if you can provide your PDR version.
Menu -> Help -> About CyberLink PowerDirector
At the right side of about dialog, you can find something like "PowerDirector 5.00 1816 Premium"

And the error is shown when you trying to open a PDS file or launch PDR?

B.R
Valdivieso [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Ivan,
I can't tell you the exact PDR version, since I unistalled it and currently using the PD5 Deluxe. The problem occured when I installed the PDR5 Premium version, recently released. I am not planning to install this version again, until the problem is solved, since I am working in a project.
The error occurs when tryin to open a project/file.
Any suggestions?
I used the patch that was posted in Cyberlink Site. But then when trying to open the program... it can't find file .dll ..... whatsoever name it has.