Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Importing Analog Video
Cindy R [Avatar]
Member Location: Louisiana, USA Joined: Feb 27, 2007 16:34 Messages: 124 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to import some old analog video from a Sony Handycam Hi8 camcorder. I was having this problem off and on with PD8 so this is nothing new but with PD8 I just kept trying and it finally worked sporatically. Now I have PD9 and am having the same issues. I captured about 30 minutes of a tape with no problems. I stopped the tape to break up the segments and when I started importing again I started to get the message "this movie is copyright-protected. Recording is prohibited." This is NOT copyright material - it is home video we made from years ago. I would have thought that maybe it was a camcorder problem but why would it let me capture 30 minutes of a tape with no problems then all of a sudden shutdown? It is the same tape, too. There is nowhere on the camcorder to possibly turn this off and the tape is not write-protected.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cindy
(BTW - I guess since I haven't been on this forum in a while, someone took my name)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Cindy,

The forum changed and now you have to redo your name if it is duplicated.

I recognise you though

Ok, the message you're getting is a known issue and is triggered when there is a lot of noise on the tape. Please FF the tape to a cleaner area and try again with capturing.

Dafydd
PS welcome back.
[Post New]
I was never able to import analog video using PD 8 but got a tip from another forum user to try using Windows Movie Maker (free software). It has some limitations, you can't hear any audio, but it does work to import analog material that can than be edited in PD. Redwing Roger

Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium, Intel Core i7-860 2.8GHz processor, 8Gb DDR3 SDRAM, nVidia GeForce GTS240 1024MB graphics card, 2nd internal HD - WD Black Caviar 2TB. PD 9 Ultra, Build 9.00.2330