Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Copy/paste transitions
DavidONeil [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2010 11:17 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
In PD8 transitions could be copy/pasted between pictures and/or movies in the main editing timeline. (Click on a transition to highlight it, Ctrl-C, click-select on movie/picture to paste the transition after and Ctrl-V.) Doesn't seem to be available in V9 Ultra. Am I missing something? If so, and it is possible, please re-enable this functionality as it is extremely useful!

Thanks,
David

(edit - now that I see the changes to the transitions, allowing end 1 only / end 1 - beginning 2 / and beginning 2 only, I understand why it was removed. Still useful, and if it can be put back with the new functionality it would be much appreciated, but I'll make due.)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 02. 2010 16:35

[Post New]
Agreed, David. While I see what was done to improve transitions, I can't tell you how much more work I've had to do adding transitions individually for long slideshows. I hate having to scroll through the list for a regular fade again every time I leave that screen.

And why isn't a regular fade available as a standard transition in preferences? I don't want a cross-fade for everything because it zooms in and out.

I also hate that, when I delete a transition, I'm left with a video remnant and I can't stretch that remnant back to it's original length. I've worked around it by combining it with the remnant - but that tends to crash the program.

Sure, PD9 does some great stuff, but the lost functionality makes editing tedious and I wish they had spent more time making better slideshow controls. What's with the high speed transitions in the first one? You can't slow it down and, at it's regular pace, you can't mentally grasp the pictures flying by.
DavidONeil [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2010 11:17 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
It won't help much, but you can 'favorite' the fade, and then select the 'My Favorites' folder in the upper left portion of the transitions window. (It is the dropdown that should be defaulted to 'All content.") You won't have to scroll for it if there aren't too many transitions favorited.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 04. 2010 11:58

[Post New]
Thanks, David! That certainly will help! Still and always learning...
Dorsodude [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Snohomish, WA Joined: Dec 27, 2008 17:18 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Why can't you copy/paste a transition? I used that ALL the time in previous versions since I usually use the same transition between clips. I don't understand the logic for removing that function. Please add it back or give me/us a way to easily insert the same transition. Thanks!
[Post New]
Quote: Why can't you copy/paste a transition? I used that ALL the time in previous versions since I usually use the same transition between clips. I don't understand the logic for removing that function. Please add it back or give me/us a way to easily insert the same transition. Thanks!

There IS the option to "Apply transition to all clips" function. Since I'm still learning and not at my home PC I can't tell you exactly where it is. But I'm wanting to think you double-click or right-click on the transition to bring up it's options. Jesse of Newby Productions