Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burning unsuccessful error code: e80070057
movyjunky
Newbie Location: Seal Beach CA Joined: Nov 29, 2010 00:22 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Finished editing, producing and created my DVD and clicked Burn and got the following error message:

"Burning unsuccessful error code: e80070057 The parameter is incorrect"

the Event Viewer log file reports:

"The protocol handler Search.Mapi2Handler.1 cannot be loaded. Error description: Class not registered"

My System:
MS Windows XP Professional x64 Edition v. 2003 SP2
HP xw8600 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU X5460 @ 3.16 GHz 3.17 GHz, 16.0 GB of RAM
NVIDIA Quatro FX1800
NVIDIA Quatro FX 5600
HP LP2465 LCD Monitor
Apple Cinema HD Monitor
Cintiq21UX Monitor
 Filename
DxDiag_12-2-10.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
55 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
464 time(s)
 Filename
EventViewr.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2637 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
321 time(s)
movyjunky
[Post New]
I forgot to mention I was running PD9
movyjunky
[Post New]
Also forgot to mention the build

AppName: pdr9.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.2316
movyjunky
[Post New]
Here's a screen shot of the error.
[Thumb - Errore80070057.jpg]
 Filename
Errore80070057.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
738 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
701 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Not sure this is a PD issue or simply a windows issue. I would probably try the following to help debug.

1) start a new project and move one of the sample clips to the timeline, go to Create Disc module select no menu and try to burn that to DVD. If that works, at least you can burn.
2) try writing your existing project to a DVD folder but not to a disc. In the Create Disc > Burn tick the Create a folder and untick Burn to Disc. If that works, you can burn the folder to disc by a 3rd party burn utility.

Post the results back and maybe it can get resolved.

Jeff
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Not sure this is a PD issue or simply a windows issue. ... try writing your existing project to a DVD folder but not to a disc. In the Create Disc > Burn tick the Create a folder and untick Burn to Disc. If that works, you can burn the folder to disc by a 3rd party burn utility.
Burning to a folder always has better results than burning direct to the media. You can check and see if everything is all right before physically burn the media. Use CL Power2Go or ImgBurn to finish your process.
SeptimusFry
Senior Member Location: Brittany, France Joined: Feb 02, 2008 12:43 Messages: 243 Offline
[Post New]
If you search on 'The protocol handler Search.Mapi2Handler.1 cannot be loaded' you will find that this is a Windows error, not a PD error.

It was supposed to have been fixed in Vista, and thus for W7, but for some reason your W7 has been corrupted - do you use a registry cleaner from time to time?

What happens is that the registry does not contain the info for a 64bit loader, but does have the 32bit version. As PD9 is now 64bit, it will ask for that loader.

I am not sure how to fix, but if I had the problem, I would use my W7 original installation disk to do a REPAIR, not a reinstall, but a repair. Perhaps someone else more familiar will pick this up. Or you can do the Google search I mentioned and look through the solutions suggested.

[edit]BTW, I notice the statement (in an Outlook context) that it may only be a case of an error message, but no malfunction as the 32 bit loader will load the 64bit loader, with the error message, but nowt else.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 03. 2010 05:03

i7 980x; W7 Pro; 12GB; Nvidia GTX 285; 2x300G Velociraptors in Raid 0; 2x1.5TB Barracuda in Raid 1; 2TB WD Studio Ed.II (eSATA); NEC SpectraView Reference 2690 + MultiSync EA232
movyjunky
[Post New]
Thanks, you guys rock!!! My PD9 Burns now and hopefully I can finish the DVD's by my daughter's soccer team party by Monday. Love this forum and its knowledgeable folks.

@NicolasNY & JL_JL - Not a burning issue since PowerProducer has no issues on my machine.

@SeptimusFry -Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. With msconfig I re-enabled at startup CTASIO.SLL in SYSWOW64. %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSWOW\REGSVR.EXE /S %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSWOW64\CTASIO.SLL
I disabled it earlier because PD9 would crash when I clicked on Creat Disc. I disabled everything at startup to determine if anything was conflicting which turns out I had a menu template installed that was for PD7 that was causing the problem.

I also per below, disabled the Windows Desktop Search or the Search Indexer per below. I can now burn!!! But I don't know which solved it or if it was both.

http://www.sharepointassist.com/2009/01/07/searchmapi2handler1-cannot-be-loaded/

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/windowsdesktopsearchdevelopment/thread/c0c5561d-c972-4da2-ab22-48d97e69439e
This was also an issue on 64-bit Vista and we made a fix for it, but it looks like the fix did not correctly
address 64-bit XP.

The background on this issue is that there are two process that can index on 64-bit machines. One process
is 64-bit and can load 64-bit protocol handlers and the other is a 32-bit process which can load 32-bit
protocol handlers. In this case, since mapi (which is used to index outlook email) is 32-bit only, when
the 64-bit protocol handler process starts, it tries to load the 64-bit version of the non-existent mapi
protocol handler. It should call into the WOW64-32 layer to determine that this handler is correctly
registered in the other CLSID hive and not display the error. For some reason this check is not passing,
most likely due to some incompatible vista only flag we are using when calling to WOW64.

The good news is that this error message will not impact email indexing, but will create event messages
every time the protocol handler starts up.