Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Title with transition question
George88 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2010 07:54 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I have previously been using Pinnacle Studio but have now switched to PowerDirector. I have made a few videos and watched some of the tutorials but can't quite do what I want with titles. With Pinnacle you can put title with a background all on the main video track. This means you can simply add a transition between title (with background) and the main video. This means if you then used the burning/fire transition for example the title with background would all burn away together. On PowerDirector though the transition only applies to the background so it is a lot of hassle trying to get the actual title to fade away exactly in time with the burning effect. Most transitions wouldn't work at all, like flips for example. There must be an easy way to do this.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi George,

This might be a good reason to test out Power Director 9. TITLES can be placed on any of the 100 available video tracks and ALL of the TRANSITIONS can be used on the titles themselves.

Might be worth taking a look at it.

If you have any questions......let us know!

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 02. 2010 20:40

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
True - PD9 offers greater flexibility with many things.

George - in PD8, it's pretty simple to get what you're after. You could
(a) take a snapshot of the title screen & insert it before the transition (if it's on a still image or colour board)
or
(b) align the end of the title (with NO end effect) with the centre of the transition

Either way, the title will make its exit with the transition - which is what you're wanting to do.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
George88 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2010 07:54 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, I will try the suggestions.
Cap'n Kevin, I am unable to drag titles onto the first video track.
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks, I will try the suggestions.
Cap'n Kevin, I am unable to drag titles onto the first video track.

Don't know why it doesn't work for you, titles drag fine to first video track on my machine.

EDIT====woops my bad, I thought he was using PD9.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 02. 2010 20:47

My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
George88 has this posted this in the PD8 forum, PD8 does not support titles in the video track. I think Kevin was simply suggesting he try PD9 which does support titles in the video track.

Jeff
Rob [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 13, 2010 10:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm facing a related problem in PD9 that this workaround won't apply to. I basically separate two parts of my videos with a title segue in between that uses a magic audio clip. I can put the title in the video 1 track, but since a title has no audio, the transitions don't fade the audio out from the previous video clip and back in to the next one (like they would going right from video to video). I haven't found a way to even insert a blank audio track in track one to resolve this. I have played with manually fading the audio out and in, but there is still a distinct end of the video clip and beginning to the magic audio. An audio transition seems to actually mix the two briefly which is much smoother. Unfortunately, there is no way to move the magic audio in as the audio track in track 1, it must remain a separate track apparently, so I can't apply a transition to it. Any ideas?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Rob -

You should really post this in the PD9 forum, but anyway...

What you're trying to do should be easy!
1. Insert clips & title with transitions between
2. Insert music clip (which can be repositioned)
3. Adjust fades in Audio Mixing room or on timeline

Maybe I'm not understanding what the problem is!

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Rob [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 13, 2010 10:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry I was in the wrong forum room for this. But yes, you understood the problem exactly. This is basically the solution that worked for me as well. It's just that I do a lot of these type of title transitions, so having to manually add in the fades takes more time (it would be easier if the transition just handled the volume crossover like it does when tying together two clips that both have audio). Thanks for the response, you validated I'm on the right track. And I'll make sure to jump over to the version 9 forum in the future.