Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Crash when click on "Create Disc" due to templatemgr3u.dll
movyjunky
Newbie Location: Seal Beach CA Joined: Nov 29, 2010 00:22 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Crashes when click on "Create Disc" due to templatemgr3u.dll

AppName: pdr9.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.2316 ModName: templatemgr3u.dll
ModVer: 6.3.5.2305 Offset: 000000000000ce43

I ran msconfig and selected "Disable All" in Startup tab. Rebooted and program still crashed.
I uninstalled PD9 and all 3 of the following I bought when I purchased PD9.

CyberLink_ContentPack_VDE100318-02.exe
DVDMenuTemplate_FootballPack.exe
CyberLink_HolidayV3_MTP101020-01.exe

Rebooted, reinstalled PD9 without the additional templates. Lo and behold, PD9 "Create Disc" now works.
How do I install the templates I bought and not have PD9 crash when I try to create a disc?

My System:
MS Windows XP Professional x64 Edition v. 2003 SP2
HP xw8600 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU X5460 @ 3.16 GHz 3.17 GHz, 16.0 GB of RAM
NVIDIA Quatro FX1800
NVIDIA Quatro FX 5600
HP LP2465 LCD Monitor
Apple Cinema HD Monitor
Cintiq21UX Monitor
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
55 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
409 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
The CyberLink_HolidayV3_MTP101020-01.exe should be okay to install as it’s a PD9 package. My guess would be the issue is with the DVDMenuTemplate_FootballPack.exe pack as the installer is probably set for PD7, 32-bit path.

My guess is you can get around the install issue by installing and then saving the contents of
C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Menus and saving and/or copying the contents to: C:\Users\YOURPCNAME\Documents\CyberLink\Custom Menus\3.0

You may have to uninstall and reinstall PD9 and Holiday as part of this too. I always think making a backup copy of the old Cyberlink install folder in the system folder is a good idea prior to installing any new release. That way one can pluck some items out of the old folder structure if you wish that might be compatible.

Bottom line, I think you are trying to use a menu pack that is not really designed for PD9. I'm not saying the menus won't work, my guess is the install is just corrupt for the new 64-bit PD9 and the end user needs to manually correct by copying items.

Jeff
[Post New]
Man! That is some serious video horsepower you are running!!!

Not sure if this helps, but the newer video drivers (2 separate WHQL releases) addressed many seeming unrelated issues for me (including varoius CRASHES). Many SLI and 64Bit fixes included.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 01. 2010 23:30

movyjunky
[Post New]
@JL_JL - Just before I read your post, I read the fine print for the Soccer/FootbalPack. It's for PD7. Sigh, there goes $15. I was so excited to find it since I'm making a DVD for my daughter's soccer team party. I wish there was a way to convert it. I've already saved it to the directory C:\Users\YOURPCNAME\Documents\CyberLink\Custom Menus\3.0
but PD9 is looking for a DZM file. I may have to brute force it.

@FredB - I had to update all my NVIDIA drivers just to get PD9 to run.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
As a consolation prize, there are a boatload of soccer effects on DirectorZone.
Also:
http://www.partnersinrhyme.com/free_video/free_video_background_8.shtml
Also:
http://movietools.info/index.php?Itemid=15&option=com_zoo&view=category&category_id=3
Also:
http://movietools.info/index.php?option=com_weblinks&view=category&id=4%3Afree-video-clips&Itemid=12 HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
I wouldn't doubt it with all that CARD!!! We have seen a difference in performance of the Nvidia cards (and you are 2 major Nvidia WHQL releases behind).

It appears that your updates are from HP. I recommend going to the link at the bottom of my signature ad updating.

OK, If I nag anymore...one of us is getting married...Good luck in your issue. I am confident the group here can find a solution. I will leave you in their capable hands (and claws).

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 02. 2010 15:16

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I wanna be best man...er...lobster!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 02. 2010 15:06

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Can anyone please help me with the file - CyberLink_ContentPack_VDE100318-02.exe

I can not download it from cyberlink. Support can not help me. If someone can upload it for me to my share folder I will really appreciate it. Then I will be able to download the file.

my shared upload folder:
http://yelenai.bravehost.com/PowerDirector9Ultra64.html the best there is, was and ever will be!!
- Yelena Isinbayeva - Russian Pole Vaulter -
- 11 000+ photos & 250+ videos -
- http://YELENAI.bravehost.com -
movyjunky
[Post New]
So I tried installing the two addons below and my PD9 stopped working again.

CyberLink_ContentPack_VDE100318-02.exe
CyberLink_HolidayV3_MTP101020-01.exe

SoI uninstalled PD9 and the templates and reinstalled but I now when I Burn I get the error message "Burning unsuccessful. Error code: e80070057 The parameter is incorrect."

The Event Viewer doesn't show any application error log info.
 Filename
DxDiag 12-06-10.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
55 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
375 time(s)
[Thumb - PD9 Screenshot.jpg]
 Filename
PD9 Screenshot.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
251 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
251 time(s)
[Post New]
DISC PREFERENCE: DISC FORMAT?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 06. 2010 15:37

the best there is, was and ever will be!!
- Yelena Isinbayeva - Russian Pole Vaulter -
- 11 000+ photos & 250+ videos -
- http://YELENAI.bravehost.com -
movyjunky
[Post New]
DVD 4.7 GB
movyjunky
[Post New]
I tried burning a project with the sample clips that comes with PD9 and I get the same error.
movyjunky
[Post New]
Now the Event Viewer gives the following info

Faulting application pdr9.exe, version 9.0.0.2316, faulting module workspace.dll, version 9.0.0.2316, fault address 0x0000000000045456.

Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, faulting module quicktime.qts, version 7.66.73.0, fault address 0x00011d6c.
[Post New]
movyjunky;
Three (3) video cards???
Please update your video drivers to 265.90... Workstation application compatibility fixes.
There may be other issues (like DirectX version and Quicktime) I am sure others will jump in.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-winxp-x64-265.90-driver.html

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 06. 2010 17:31

movyjunky
[Post New]
It's 2 video cards, 3 monitors. When I plug in my card model, NVIDA says I have all the updated drivers for my cards. 259.81
movyjunky
[Post New]
Will create a restore point and upgrade my NVIDIA driver with 265.90. Wish me luck!!!
[Post New]
Don't know how I got to those drivers. When I went back clicking through got me the same (259.81).
Trying to find how I got to the page I sent you.

RESTORE POINT is ALWAYS good. Especially with mixed cards.

EDIT....It appears that those (265.90) are certified drivers and Nvidia Recommended, but not Windows Hardware Quality Labs testing (WHQL). It does list both of your cards as supported, but not sure which will work better for your machine. I found them while looking for "Workstation application compatibility fixes."

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 07. 2010 00:29

[Post New]
Just in case from the Microsoft site ( for XP):

Using the Roll Back Driver Feature
The Roll Back Driver feature enables you to replace a device driver by using a previously installed version. You can use this feature if you have installed a new device driver that causes your computer to be unstable. When you use the Roll Back Driver feature, you can restore (or roll back) the previous device driver, and continue to use the computer.

To use the Roll Back Feature--- For both cards?):

1. Start Device Manager.
2. Double-click the device for which you want to restore the driver.
3. Click the Driver tab, and then click the Roll Back Driver button.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 07. 2010 00:38

movyjunky
[Post New]
@FredB - It's 2 video cards, 3 monitors. I like my Apple Cinema in Landscape, my HP LP2465 in Portrait and the Cintiq21UX Tablet to draw on. If I had to do it again I don't know if I'd get such a big Cintiq.

So I installed the quadro-winxp-x64-265.90 driver and lo and behold, PD9 now burns to my hard drive perfectly. I will now try burning to disc.

I am seriously unhappy with NVIDIA's website that supposedly searched my system and reported all my drivers were up to date. What's worse is when I manually inputed my model numbers, all it came back with was 259.81
If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't of known 265.90 driver existed. Many Thanks FredB!
[Post New]
Glad that it worked. Videos drivers are so integrated into machine function now, that it is HARD to say what an update will do. Sometimes it fixes many seemingly unrelated problems.

Ask anyone here and they will tell you I try to blame EVERYTHING on video drivers (just look at my signature )!! Video technology is moving fast, so new programs use video memory in different ways!

It always bugs me when programs/techs/and websites tell you "YOU HAVE THE MOST CURRENT DRIVERS!"

However, in Nvidia's defense, changing drivers can affect the operation of other programs and hardware. Not all devices support the latest drivers. There is often a BIG difference between Beta, Certified, Recommended and WHQL drivers.

Since many people don't do RESTORE POINTS or know how to rollback drivers when they fail, it is a real risk sometimes to recommend updates not reviewed/supported by the machine manufacturer.

Test your other programs to make sure they don't "bark" at the new drivers...glad to help!! I have heard that many are experiencing problems with Powerdirector's burning engine and menus , so there are many work arounds being discussed. Hope the burning goes well.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Dec 07. 2010 13:03