Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Play through once?
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
When I burn a DVD with no menu, the video will play through and then automatically start playing from the beginning. Is there an option somewhere to have it not start playing again? Jerry Schwartz
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
No, a no menu creates a loop DVD.

Jeff
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jerry,

As far as I know....if the "No Menu" choice is selected the DVD will repeat. The only way I know to have it play only once is to have one of the Menus selected.

If there is a way to do what you want using Power Director I will be learning something myself. I don't know of a way to do it.

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 27. 2010 16:03

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Ah, well. I'm not the one that has to see it over and over again. Jerry Schwartz
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Not sure if it's manditory that it autostart. But you could do this. Make sure your project only has the 1 manditory chapter at the start, no others, then:
1) Go to Create Disc tab
2) Create a new "Create Menu" do nothing and save
3) activate that menu, make sure background music is cleared, and auto menu timeout is not selected
4) move play to center and remove my video title (pic attached)
5) burn, you will have to click play just once and it will play through once and stop and return to the play screen

Jeff

Edit: If you want you could also remove the "Play" by changing to black color or simply a space, and then you would have a black screen when you put the dvd in the player, hit play on the remote it would play through once and stop.
[Thumb - min menu.gif]
 Filename
min menu.gif
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
363 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
164 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 27. 2010 17:19

jerrys
[Post New]
Good thought, thanks. Jerry Schwartz
deklerkt [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 13, 2011 06:34 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
I was also looking for a way to create a DVD that would start playing with no menu whatsoever. The "no menu" option seemed the way to go, but in my case, the trail PD9 makes all entries in the "no menu" unavailable except for "Apply to all pages" or "Cancel". Using "Apply" however, does not entirely remove the menu - it gives another menu with a single icon/button to start the movie.

Is there a way to really eliminate any and all menus?
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Is there a way to really eliminate any and all menus?
That's what the no menu feature does. When burnt, the disc will play upon insert into a DVD player and will continue to loop play until some user action. There will be no menu at all.

Perhaps the single menu visual you see in PD9 is the blue splash background and DVD wording at the top, this is not actually burnt to the disc.

Jeff
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I use a menu most of the time now, but when I don't I have started placing a message at the end that says, of course "The End". __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
The repeat play function is usually that of the player, by default. Win 10, i7
deklerkt [Avatar]
[Post New]
[quote=J
Perhaps the single menu visual you see in PD9 is the blue splash background and DVD wording at the top, this is not actually burnt to the disc.

Jeff

Yes, it showed like that when I used it. The appearance of this splash background and an entry you could text-edit made it confusing. Another program, Nero Vision, in those cases shows a red bar with "no menu" which is a more re-assuring splash. (This is all before suddenly PD9 decided that DVD burning could not be done at all by an "Error code:e8007000E. Not enough storage" message although there is plenty of space. But this is another post/thread).
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Yes, it showed like that when I used it. The appearance of this splash background and an entry you could text-edit made it confusing
Sorry, I can't appear to replicate the Blue DVD splash appearing in the finished burnt DVD. I tried burn directly to disc, DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW, burning to a folder and then to disc and in each case with no menu for me on DVD structure I get no menu at all. Post a screen snapshot of your "Create Disc" area and maybe something will be apparent.

Jeff
deklerkt [Avatar]
[Post New]
I may not have expressed myself clearly. In the end result no menu appears - as wanted.
However, selecting the Disc creation option and within it on the tab "Menu" the "No menu" option, the main screen still shows a rudimentary Bluray or AVCHD menu. Which is confusing, because it won't be in the end result.
See picture of this menu shown before you actually go to burning.
[Thumb - PD9-nomenu1.jpg]
 Filename
PD9-nomenu1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Token menu shown if "no menu" option is selected
 Filesize
115 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
163 time(s)