Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
My new pc with vista won't let me load my powerdirector
Brenda [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 03, 2007 09:05 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I recently bought a new pc with the vista os on it. Now I can't load my powerdirector program on it. Anyone else had this problem
Jeff [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Michigan U.S.A. Joined: Apr 08, 2007 01:48 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Which version of PowerDirector do you have?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 04. 2007 14:55

Brenda [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Which version of PowerDirector do you have?

It is PD5 and 1018c Deluxe
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Brenda,

You have to apply a patch to make your version of PowerDirector 5 Windows Vista compatible.

Check the patch page for PDR or better yet...contact Customer Support with your build number and they will point you the correct patch.

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/patches_4_ENU.html

Dave
Brenda [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Brenda,

You have to apply a patch to make your version of PowerDirector 5 Windows Vista compatible.

Check the patch page for PDR or better yet...contact Customer Support with your build number and they will point you the correct patch.

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/patches_4_ENU.html

Dave

How can I apply the patch if the program won't install? The patch looks for the program to integrate with. There is no program there if it won't get past the installation process.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
As I said...contact customer support.
Brenda [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: As I said...contact customer support.

Yeh I got a response from them today. Seems they want me to upgrade to PD6 because my PD5 can't be patched to work with vista, hehehehehe, yeh right! I've heard a lot of sad tails in my life but this is up there with the saddest just to get a little more money out of me. I resisted an offer from a friend to supply me with a cracked PD6 program because I wanted to keep the support that comes with having paid for and registered legit software.... yeh right!